Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 8285 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #135
Just a rubbish club that is a drain on the AFL, Elliott should have bought them out and closed them down when he had the chance.
It wasn't a closed down deal, it was a merger...Carlton kangaroos.
Was all set to go ahead at the end of the year.
1 problem though, that year was 1999 and Carlton played Kangaroos in the grand final that year and nobody would've agreed to the deal.

Reply #136
It wasn't a closed down deal, it was a merger...Carlton kangaroos.
Was all set to go ahead at the end of the year.
1 problem though, that year was 1999 and Carlton played Kangaroos in the grand final that year and nobody would've agreed to the deal.
Make no mistake, there was no "merger", it was take over, poach the best players and shut the old entity down. It was going to be called the Carlton Football Club, wearing navy blue with a white CFC on the front.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
They were having a chat after the game and all seemed well.

Not according to Horne-Francis; “We shook hands. We didn’t say much, but we shook hands.”

Jack probably reprised his “You’re a p1ss-weak player in a rubbish team” comment (I’m paraphrasing).
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #138
Make no mistake, there was no "merger", it was take over, poach the best players and shut the old entity down. It was going to be called the Carlton Football Club, wearing navy blue with a white CFC on the front.
I believe the cfc was being replaced by the kangaroo, but otherwise accurate.
It wasnseen that way because we had the money and they didn't, but make no mistake, 'the blues' would cease to exist.

Reply #139
I believe the cfc was being replaced by the kangaroo, but otherwise accurate.
It wasnseen that way because we had the money and they didn't, but make no mistake, 'the blues' would cease to exist.

There were two separate episodes.

In 1991, we secured shares in North Melbourne with a view to a hostile takeover.

In 1999, Ron Casey approached Pig’s Ask about a merger of the two clubs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #140
There were two separate episodes.

In 1991, we secured shares in North Melbourne with a view to a hostile takeover.

In 1999, Ron Casey approached Pig’s Ask about a merger of the two clubs.
Both are linked.
Elliot had 25% share of kangas after the failed merger of 1999, he sold them off soon after as the afl turned its back on mergers at the same time.

Reply #141
Both are linked.
Elliot had 25% share of kangas after the failed merger of 1999, he sold them off soon after as the afl turned its back on mergers at the same time.

The Club, not Elliott, had 20% of North's shares for a decade.  John Magowan bought the shares and became North's majority shareholder when he led the push to relocate North to the Gold Coast.

Both the hostile takeover and the merger were pies in the sky; the members/supporters - Carlton and North - wouldn't have accepted either.

Reply #142
The AFL's legal counsel Andrew Woods argued Young could have avoided a collision with Zurhaar altogether.

"What I submit is Young slows his body in a manner that makes forceful contact and one of the things he could have done to avoid contact is he could have veered to his left and accelerated out of the contest," Woods said.

Sounds reasonable to me ;D 

Reply #143
The AFL's legal counsel Andrew Woods argued Young could have avoided a collision with Zurhaar altogether.

It's late, so forgive me if im not understanding this correctly, but is he saying he should’ve  ran out of the way?

Reply #144
It's late, so forgive me if im not understanding this correctly, but is he saying he should’ve  ran out of the way?

Yes, that's what it seems on the face of it. ;D

One of the first things you learn as a young footballer is that if someone big is charging at you, the best thing to do is to step aside and then accelerate away from the contest.

I was quite good at it.
My nickname was the 'Accelerator'. :D

You wont get a lot of possessions, but you won't get injured or reported.
You may also get some nasty comments from your team-mates and supporters....but they're only words:)
....and best to avoid the coach for a whie

Reply #145
Yep,step aside and wave Zurhaar through and give him directions for the quickest route to goal... :o

Reply #146
Run away !
Run away…!
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #147

"What I submit is Young slows his body in a manner that makes forceful contact and one of the things he could have done to avoid contact is he could have veered to his left and accelerated out of the contest," Woods said.

Yep, quite an absurd argument. Could have 'veered' and 'accelerated out of the contest'... all in a split second. Ridiculous, and likely physically impossible. Just because the game was at Marvel Stadium, it doesn't mean that Young possessed the evasive skills of Spider-Man.  ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #148
Hope Stocker plays on him next time and belts him, Jack is way too nice a young bloke....
Horne Francis has crept up my list of opposition disliked players.... got a few Nth players on that list.

After Stocker cleaned up Thomas, Horne Francis tried to rag doll Stocker and didn't move him one bit  :)

Reply #149
Yep, quite an absurd argument. Could have 'veered' and 'accelerated out of the contest'... all in a split second. Ridiculous, and likely physically impossible. Just because the game was at Marvel Stadium, it doesn't mean that Young possessed the evasive skills of Spider-Man.  ::)

All from an empty suit who's probably never played the game.  Idiot