Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 8022 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #30
Eleni was terrible because North wear the colours of the Greek flag, clearly!
Watched the replay late last night and have to say that Horne-Francis is a dirty sniper and fits in well with the Ziebell and Zurhaar's of this irrelevant excuse of a football club. Hope they lose every game for the rest of the year and fade off into oblivion.
 >:(

Reply #31
She had a terrible game. She didn't keep up with the play. She guessed. She didn't bring the ball back when her bounce totally advantaged Goldstein. She took Tom de Koning out, and failed to blow the whistle and stop play that she interfered with. Some of her decisions were laughable.
I think bringing in women umps is not a bad thing, but Eleni doesn't appear to have what it takes. Not AFL standard.

Agree 100%.  Its so typical AFL.

Who cares if the umpire is man or women, young or old black or white but for god sake they need to be at the top standard to get a gig and a blind man can see she is not.

Same goes for special comments and the TV commentators - seriously that Kellie Underwood is downright awful yet the AFL wouldn't dare replace her would they.

Commentators are supposed to enhance the spectacle - she does the opposite.

Reply #32
I have no doubts that we would have dropped this one in years gone by, or just fell over the line. It's a good sign that we win well against a side we're expected to win well against.

Great debut from JC, such footy smarts and instincts. Hard to see him going back to the Magoos.

LOB over Setters every day of the week.

Really pleasing to see such improved impact from Fisher. He can stay if he keeps that up! And another under selection pressure, Newnes, justified his place impressively.

Who to replace Stocks?

TDK answered the doubters as did Martin.

Saad. Simply brilliant. Loved how he directed Crippa in the final qtr to lead into the area he kicked it, rather than deep in the pocket where Crippa indicated he wanted it. Smart.

And anyone who doubted how we would handle mongrel acts from the Wallaroos got their answer when Young was tunnelled.

Be interesting to see how MRP deals with Young standing his ground in front of Zurhaar.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33

Same goes for special comments and the TV commentators - seriously that Kellie Underwood is downright awful yet the AFL wouldn't dare replace her would they.

Commentators are supposed to enhance the spectacle - she does the opposite.

I thought she improved during the past season and I agree with you she is now only downright awful - annoying voice and too much irrelevant prattle - maybe trying to fill the niche left by Bruce

Reply #35
Best debut since Sam Walsh

That’s one high accolade!
His first goal came after a desperate act from Walsh. It was a ripper.
Can’t wait to watch the replay.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #36

Has tickets on herself, and I don't know why.  Out of her league

Reply #37
I thought she improved during the past season and I agree with you she is now only downright awful - annoying voice and too much irrelevant prattle - maybe trying to fill the niche left by Bruce
The league must know how ordinary she is as she never gets big games. Always North or Suns we have had her a bit as we have been down there as well. All for female umpires if standard up to it but not just for the afl to put on a poster look at us we have a female umpire aren’t we progressive!
Quality not Equality

Reply #38

Her commentary could be used by the Feds to solicit confessions from crims.

To attempt to make amends after my appalling comment... she obviously loves the game and does her best, but...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #39
Oh gerard Healy was very anti Carlton on the commentary.  Was surprised to hear him call stuff that one way.  He's usually pretty good.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
Eleni was terrible because North wear the colours of the Greek flag, clearly!
Watched the replay late last night and have to say that Horne-Francis is a dirty sniper and fits in well with the Ziebell and Zurhaar's of this irrelevant excuse of a football club. Hope they lose every game for the rest of the year and fade off into oblivion.
 >:(
Horne Francis is another chip off the old Nth block of snipers, gave JSOS a cowardly cheap shot and was lucky it was Jack who doesn't react as much as others. One of his teammates collected him with friendly fire so he had to go off with a bad neck so karma did it's job.
Next time he plays us I'd be targeting him for some heavy treatment everytime he goes near the ball..

Reply #41
We still only played one quarter of, admittedly, very powerful footy, to get the win.

Carroll looks a player, shame that Stocker got injured and it pains me to say it but even Plowman had a reasonable game.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #42
FMD surely she had to call that back and ball it up.
There are two other umpires out there who could have intervened and didn't as well, while she was on the ground they had an unobstructed view of what was happening..
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Horne Francis is another chip off the old Nth block of snipers, gave JSOS a cowardly cheap shot and was lucky it was Jack who doesn't react as much as others. One of his teammates collected him with friendly fire so he had to go off with a bad neck so karma did it's job.
Next time he plays us I'd be targeting him for some heavy treatment everytime he goes near the ball..

I would like to think every opposition player gets some heavy treatment whenever they go near the ball

Reply #44
Agree, was terrible and lacks control of the game imo, players pinged immediately for holding the ball, incorrect disposal then others given half an hour, swung 360 degrees and it's play on...??
I went back and looked at a couple of those on the replay and I think she got it right, in every case the player either motioned to baulk or went to handball and didn't just before being tackled. That's prior opportunity under the current implementation.
The Force Awakens!