Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 8326 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #60
Once again, we get targeted !

Every fking time. Surely we challenge the Young one. The dirty pr1ck Larkey has to get 3 weeks if you base it on stocker and young’s suspensions.

Joke Afl.

Reply #61
No head contact with the Young incident, just a very solid bump against a sniper. Since when was the bump outlawed??  Use the Stocker vs Mihocek example from last year.... no case to answer based on that precedent!!

Reply #62
Every fking time. Surely we challenge the Young one. The dirty pr1ck Larkey has to get 3 weeks if you base it on stocker and young’s suspensions.
The dirty pr1ck Larkey actually only gets ONE week. Apparently potentially crippling someone ranks alongside a solid bump.
AFL - Corrupt and incompetent governing body that is ripping the fabric of the game apart.

Reply #63
Yet more evidence that the MRO is a total clown and takes every opportunity to punish us.   Wouldnt know what the word consistency means.  Circus.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #66
Mitch Robinson got done for something similar.
Seems wrong that Zurhaar can cripple Jones nearly in a previous game, Larkey can tunnel Young in a very dangerous move and just get a week yet Young can't stand his ground vs an oncoming Zurhaar...

Reply #67
I'm suprised they didn't add an umpire contact charge to TDK for being run into.

Reply #68
100% EB.   Young braced to protect himself from being nailed,  yet he's going to pay for it?!?   How about the bloke who instigated the impact?   HTF do these b******s keep getting away with it?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #69
100% EB.   Young braced to protect himself from being nailed,  yet he's going to pay for it?!?   How about the bloke who instigated the impact?   HTF do these b******s keep getting away with it?
Prof, because the tribunal/match review system needs an overhaul. It's full of inconsistencies and applies no common sense. Intent to injure doesn't count, because Young gets up and plays on Larkey only gets one week, that doesn't take into account how dangerous the move from Larkey was and it's a blight on the game. Zurhaar tried to bash his way through tackles and ran into the bigger bodied Young and created the contact..play on.

Reply #70
I'm suprised they didn't add an umpire contact charge to TDK for being run into.

I'm guessing they might want to limit the 'exposure' to said umpire.
A performance best not highlighted perhaps.

Reply #71
The dirty pr1ck Larkey actually only gets ONE week. Apparently potentially crippling someone ranks alongside a solid bump.
AFL - Corrupt and incompetent governing body that is ripping the fabric of the game apart.

You’re right.  And they are never wrong in situation whether it be a new umpiring rule or tribunal decisions etc. That’s part of the problem they won’t change because they would have to admit they made an error and that’s not going to happen.

Larkeys suspension of just 1 week is laughable and a complete contradiction on all levels of them trying rule out serious head injuries. Young could have easily landed on his head or neck in that act and not out of the question to even end up in a wheelchair.

Disgraceful and watch the media say stuff all.

Reply #72
I'm guessing they might want to limit the 'exposure' to said umpire.
A performance best not highlighted perhaps.
By the same logic, i think it was her who paid a free kick for 'high contact' for the Young incident despite not hitting him high (as evidenced by the charge which said contact was to the body.

But i guess you don't get that backstory from the replay, so less obvious of the umpiring error.

Reply #73
Was at the game and one thing that looked odd at the time was when every player on the field ran up to newnes when he kicked the goal in the 3rd.

Every the backs ran the full length of the ground and he didn’t even celebrate. There looked to be a lot of love for him for reasons I don’t know but maybe he is a loved team mate or there is something happening behind the scenes with him.

Or maybe I’m just over thinking it!!

Reply #74
The tunneling penalty confirms the league do not put player safety first.
What a joke.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.