Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 8167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #150
The AFL's legal counsel Andrew Woods argued Young could have avoided a collision with Zurhaar altogether.

"What I submit is Young slows his body in a manner that makes forceful contact and one of the things he could have done to avoid contact is he could have veered to his left and accelerated out of the contest," Woods said.

Sounds reasonable to me ;D 

Absolutely amazing comment. Ripping at the very fabric of the game and simply wrong on all levels but watch the media let it slide through to the keeper.

So in other words on one hand they expect a player to avoid a contest to avoid heavy contact and if choose to legally bump and it’s a hard bump to the body we will still suspend you even though it’s within the rules.

On the flip side they hand out the same term suspension to a bloke who did a very dangerous non football illegal act when the ball wasn’t even in play at the time. That act had the potential to break the kids neck or cause a severe injury.

This is the problem with administration of the competition. There is not one ounce of consistency.

Reply #151
There were two separate episodes.

In 1991, we secured shares in North Melbourne with a view to a hostile takeover.

In 1999, Ron Casey approached Pig’s Ask about a merger of the two clubs.

I want to know if that means we get half of North's 96 and 99 Flags meaning we already have no.17....lol!

Reply #152
The deal most definitely disadvantaged us.  Was never going to happen

Reply #153
I just did a bit of lip reading. ;D
Jack did tell Horne-Francis his team was sh*t, but it was after all the pushing and shoving had taken place and they were walking away from one another.

Jack's being made out as a bit of a villain (by some of the usual suspects...read K Cornes)
Not a lot of mention of the hit that started the fracas
...and Noble is praising Horne Francis for the way he stood up.

They are a pretty crappy side and not just because of their football.

Reply #154
Jack did tell Horne-Francis his team was sh*t, but it was after all the pushing and had taken place and they were walking away from one another.

Jack's being made out as a bit of a villain (by some of the usual suspects...read K Cornes)

Jack is no villain, Norf are crap, JHF is a cock head, EOS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #155
Jack did tell Horne-Francis his team was sh*t, but it was after all the pushing and had taken place and they were walking away from one another.

Yep, i caught that at the time. From memory there may have even been an old fashion pointing to the scoreboard included in there too.
Jack did nothing wrong. If Cornes says he did than that simply backs up that Jack did nothing wrong. Kane is wrong almost 100% of the time, so i'd be worried if he agreed with it.
Cornes was still pushing the Rozee was better than Walsh after 2 years of total domination.

Reply #156
Absolutely amazing comment. Ripping at the very fabric of the game and simply wrong on all levels but watch the media let it slide through to the keeper.

So in other words on one hand they expect a player to avoid a contest to avoid heavy contact and if choose to legally bump and it’s a hard bump to the body we will still suspend you even though it’s within the rules.

On the flip side they hand out the same term suspension to a bloke who did a very dangerous non football illegal act when the ball wasn’t even in play at the time. That act had the potential to break the kids neck or cause a severe injury.

This is the problem with administration of the competition. There is not one ounce of consistency.

Not one ounce of common sense.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.