Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4111 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #30
I think we all have a soft spot for Humphrey. 

Reply #31
INTERCHANGE FROM:
[46] Matthew Cottrell,
[3] Jesse Motlop
[2] Paddy Dow,
[37] Jordan Boyd,
[24] Nic Newman,
[7] Matthew Kennedy (MED SUB)
[44] Matthew Owies,
[1] Jack Silvagni

FOR MINE
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
INTERCHANGE FROM:
[46] Matthew Cottrell - Not a chance
[3] Jesse Motlop - Don't think so
[2] Paddy Dow - On form should get a go but probably the med sub, again.
[37] Jordan Boyd - Not a chance
[24] Nic Newman - Played too well to be dropped
[7] Matthew Kennedy  - Cannot possibly be dropped
[44] Matthew Owies - based on Dow not getting picked will probably play
[1] Jack Silvagni - Cannot possibly be dropped

Reply #34
Be a No to Kreuzer returning from me.....another bandaid fix and he would probably breakdown as was suggested.
Didnt work for GWS with Mummy and I'd rather recruit a player thats playing some footy somewhere or the best kid ruck I could get and look longer term.

How far do you want to look ?
The big fella has had 18 months to get over his niggles and IF refreshed could ruck 50/50 with DeKonning and allow DeKonning to return to the dangerous (looking…) forward role from early in the year.
If Pitto was fit and Mirkov was more advanced we wouldn’t consider the move, but for a 6 month contract is there really a downside ?
Is there a state league ruck who you’re confident would deliver more ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #35
If you had to go into a final with Jack Silvagni, Pittonet with a freshly recovered PCL injury and no exposed form, Tom De Koning, or Matthew Kreuzer, who would you pick?

I know I would pick Matty K.

He is a match winner, and with our midfield doing what it does, he would be possibly the best mid season draftee we could go for.  I would LTI another player and take another tall for the defense, and then we have the additional depth we need IMHO.
I'd pick pittonet, tdk and Jack.
Don't need kreuzer then.

He might’ve been a match winner, but times have changed.

Tdk would obliterate kreuzer now.
He is quicker, more agile, can jump higher and has the same hunger for the contest. Sure he is still a little bit raw, bit kreuzer is a little bit overcooked.

Picking kreuzer over pittonet or tdk is sacrificing the hitout, which has been a strength of ours, giving our mids first use.

All that being said, I'd take kreuzer in the msd simply to cover for injuries to all of the above.

Reply #36
Hard to believe Kreuzer still only 32! 33 next week but two years out not keeping playing fitness or weight program is a long way back . Mumford always knew he was coming back and played a different physical game to Kreuzer who was more athlete.

Reply #37
How far do you want to look ?
The big fella has had 18 months to get over his niggles and IF refreshed could ruck 50/50 with DeKonning and allow DeKonning to return to the dangerous (looking…) forward role from early in the year.
If Pitto was fit and Mirkov was more advanced we wouldn’t consider the move, but for a 6 month contract is there really a downside ?
Is there a state league ruck who you’re confident would deliver more ?
I'd pick Max Ramsden 19 in the mid season rookie draft, nominated for the draft last season but has been outstanding for Sandy Dragons this season. 202cm, very athletic and looks and plays like Max King.
If I was taking a second pick I would take Blake Schlensog aged 21 from Sth Fremantle can play KP back and forward@199cm and 100kg.
I'd prefer to play Mirkov with TDK and run Ramsden in the twos with the future in mind and I am looking much further ahead as I dont see us just yet as GF material but I'd like to build my ruck division with what I see as quality while I can get it. ie Ramsden
I look at Darcy, Draper, Reeves etc and see how they have developed with opportunity and I see Mirkov improving each week and would prefer to see him get game time than bring Kreuzer back. His job is coaching now and if he wants to play he can run around in the VFL and train my young group of ruckman.

Reply #38
I'd pick Max Ramsden 19 in the mid season rookie draft, nominated for the draft last season but has been outstanding for Sandy Dragons this season. 202cm, very athletic and looks and plays like Max King.
If I was taking a second pick I would take Blake Schlensog aged 21 from Sth Fremantle can play KP back and forward@199cm and 100kg.
I'd prefer to play Mirkov with TDK and run Ramsden in the twos with the future in mind and I am looking much further ahead as I dont see us just yet as GF material but I'd like to build my ruck division with what I see as quality while I can get it. ie Ramsden
I look at Darcy, Draper, Reeves etc and see how they have developed with opportunity and I see Mirkov improving each week and would prefer to see him get game time than bring Kreuzer back. His job is coaching now and if he wants to play he can run around in the VFL and train my young group of ruckman.

No one is serious about Kreuzer surely. He was cooked 2 years ago, you can't uncook something.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #39
Nicks out due to covid and to be replaced by Scott Burns, no stand in coach has lost this year. Just saying.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #40
Nicks out due to covid and to be replaced by Scott Burns, no stand in coach has lost this year. Just saying.
Yes, it's the devil we do not know!

Voss is just the man to break the trend!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
I’d love to know what the MC see in Boyd. Loses his feet, ordinary disposal, gives away too many frees and cant defend.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #42
I’d love to know what the MC see in Boyd. Loses his feet, ordinary disposal, gives away too many frees and cant defend.
Not sure they see that, I suspect you have based your assessment on one quarter of Perth based football, and that's no justification for judging any non-Perth based player! :o

Perth crowd baying, local umpires compliant, Freo on a roll, shizen happens! We already know about the statistics of playing in Perth and what that means for visiting teams, it's hard to beat just ask Judd.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Not sure they see that, I suspect you have based your assessment on one quarter of Perth based football, and that's no justification for judging any non-Perth based player! :o

Perth crowd baying, local umpires compliant, Freo on a roll, shizen happens! We already know about the statistics of playing in Perth and what that means for visiting teams, it's hard to beat just ask Judd.
I'm basing it on what my eyes see and have seen for 45 odd years watching football. Couldnt give a flying F#$% where they play, green grass, white lines on the ground with four sticks at either end, hostile supporters, same as every ground. IMO he isn't AFL standard or at least the AFL standard we require.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #44
I tend to agree with GI2C.

Cant understand why he gets a game.  Freo was an improvement on his previous match, but not by a lot.  I would argue, we gain more by playing others in his role. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson