Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8 2022 Post Game Celebrations Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4965 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 8 2022 Post Game Celebrations Carlton vs Adelaide

A bit of a roller coaster game, but a game we won comfortably to put us into the top 4.

Re: AFL Rd 8 2022 Post Game Celebrations Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
A good three quarter effort.

Reply #2
Yep that final quarter was disappointing for so many reasons.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
Very happy with that win but we looked really spent by the end. From what Crippa said at the end of game interview I think we will be looking to improve our fitness in order to finish games off more strongly.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Top four after eight rounds which is over 1/3 of the season is a fantastic effort and playing some great football

Just seeing Charlie and Doc ripping it apart warms the heart more than one knows. Hopefully Marchy returns in this team next month.

The upside  in this team is immense.

Reply #5
I'm more than happy with our last quarter.  Adelaide were gifted a couple of goals and our forwards were robbed of several scoring opportunities.  More importantly, we maintained our structure and stuck to the gameplan.  Adelaide may have won the quarter on the scoreboard but it was a hollow victory; we played better footy but didn't get the rewards.

While not in our best players by a long shot, I think I can see why Vossy has persevered with Boyd.  He worked hard, defended well and made every possession count.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
That’s the first time I’ve felt confident we’d win. Although q4 is bit of a worry in terms of limited possessions.

4th place feels weird. Not complaining. I’ll work on getting used to it😵‍💫
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
I think that's our best effort this season by some margin.

I think it's bizarre that SoJ probably played one of his best games, yet might not even feature in the votes. Early Durdin was also at his best, but probably won't get a vote either.

I'm sure most who were yet to be convinced are now coming around to Voss as coach, I think the balance he has found between run versus size is about right at the moment.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
While not in our best players by a long shot, I think I can see why Vossy has persevered with Boyd.  He worked hard, defended well and made every possession count.
Easily his best game for the club but can he sustain it?

Reply #9
Cripps, Curnow and McKay must occupy many coaches' minds.

We have a few tough games before the bye .... and we need to win at least one of them.

Reply #10
.. and one other comment ... percentage is harder to improve the further the season goes on.

We just have to keep winning. 

Reply #11
I think that's our best effort this season by some margin.

I think it's bizarre that SoJ probably played one of his best games, yet might not even feature in the votes. Early Durdin was also at his best, but probably won't get a vote either.

I'm sure most who were yet to be convinced are now coming around to Voss as coach, I think the balance he has found between run versus size is about right at the moment.
Adelaide are garbage and sure its a good win but you would be tempered into forming any real judgements good or bad on players or coaches based on that game. If Ben Keays is their fill in captain and their best senior mid apart from the injured and ageing Sloane then they have real problems. Butts and Frampton are about the worst KP defensive backs in the comp and Scott Burns hasnt ever got a senior job for a reason..
We should have won by 100 points with one leg in the air......

Reply #12
Agree with EB1.  it was 5 goals lower margin than it could and arguably should have been, and quite a few whipping boys had a decent game but the opposition weren't much to write home about.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Geez, if we won by 95 some wouldn’t be happy unless we won by 96…
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #14
Regulation win over a crap side.

Next week is a bigger test, haven't won interstate yet.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!