Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 6578 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #105
Hewett on the bench is blasphemy!

Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy and Cerra are obviously starting this game.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #106
Not to mention we may elect to go softly on George and give him the extra week off.  They have the captains run to get through tomorrow.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #107
Hewett on the bench is blasphemy!

George is named on the bench because he may not pass a fitness test.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
Jesse Motlop will debut against GWS.

I wasn’t sure that he was ready but I was wrong … again!

Good luck Jesse; keep those tackles going and the goals will come.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #109
Does one of Owies or Durdin come out then?

Reply #110
Does one of Owies or Durdin come out then?

Motlop is replacing Martin so we're going with a much smaller forward line - one that might better suit the wet conditions.

Reply #112
Have to trust the coach, but I'm not confident.

From what I have observed at VFL level, young Motlop is pretty timid, he plays like he's a kid amongst men which is completely understandable, but things won't get easier for him at AFL level.

If he can keep his head up and find some space he has a few tricks, but he'll also burn some team-mates in the process as he is not yet team orientated, he has goal post eyeballs as do all young small forward players.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #113
So Martin, McKay and Young out.

Ins at this stage are Motlop and Kemp.....so one more? Hard to see Hewett getting up for this so maybe Dow or Plowman the other IN?

Reply #114
So Martin, McKay and Young out.

Ins at this stage are Motlop and Kemp.....so one more? Hard to see Hewett getting up for this so maybe Dow or Plowman the other IN?
Do you have news on Hewett?

I'd heard he's a certainty excluding H&S protocols biting us again.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #115
Nah nothing on Hewett but reckon in wet/slippery conditions up there he might be worth holding back for another week.

Reply #116
Have to trust the coach, but I'm not confident.

From what I have observed at VFL level, young Motlop is pretty timid, he plays like he's a kid amongst men which is completely understandable, but things won't get easier for him at AFL level.

If he can keep his head up and find some space he has a few tricks, but he'll also burn some team-mates in the process as he is not yet team orientated, he has goal post eyeballs as do all young small forward players.

He has only kicked six goals in the VFL, four in one game.  I think that it may be that he's averaging four tackles a game and his midfield minutes that earned him a spot.

As I said previously, I didn't think he was ready but that's just from watching a couple of VFL games on TV.  Vossy and O'Keefe clearly think otherwise.

I suspect that the extroverts are in the ascendency  :)

Reply #117
I would expect Plowman to play CHB and Kemp to be FF. I thought Cottrell did well in the Martin role so I think he might retain his spot. If Hewitt doesn't come up then either Carrol will play, which I expect, or Dow will come in. This is a big challenge for Carlton. We have eleven players unavailable and considering Marchbank, Akuei and Mirkov aren't ready yet to play, we are starting to run out of players. I think our list is very good and there is no reason why we can't win, despite the emotional rubbish talked about  this being Cameron's last game. This is a test to see whether we have improved from last year. I have believed for a long time that the problems at Carlton have been around attitude and whether we are willing to turn up and play whatever the circumstances. We failed this test against Gold Coast earlier this year.

Reply #118
Blue....no chance Jack Carroll gets dropped this week. He started in the centre square a few times last week after 1/4 time and suspect he'll do even more this week with both Cripps and Kennedy spending more time forward.

Indeed, a victory this weekend would be one for the ages. Considering all of these would be pretty much in the 22:

McGovern
McKay
Pittonet
Martin
Marchbank and/or McDonald (including Marchbank as he's played one game back in the VFL)
Stocker

Then throw in:

Cunningham
Honey
Ed Curnow

That's a lot of depth missing.