Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 6414 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #120
Leon Cameron farewell game. Giants by 50.

I think you might be right.
I’m really looking forward to our response under significant duress.
Who stands up?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #121
Motlop is replacing Martin so we're going with a much smaller forward line - one that might better suit the wet conditions.
Pretty quick too (and rabid for a tackle).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
I think you might be right.
I’m really looking forward to our response under significant duress.
Who stands up?
Put the Big Dog (Crippa) at FF and kick the effin thing to him and Charlie, I'm tipping a Carey like performance.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #123
One of the youngest and most inexperienced sides I've seen for a while. Average games played would be very small,  but that said,  some of these blokes (eg Carroll) are playing like they've been there for longer than their games tally.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #124
This will be a test of our players’ resilience and ability to push through adversity.  It will also be a test of our coaching group’s ability to improvise and think on their feet.

It will also provide “Deadly” Motlop with an opportunity to show that he can walk the talk.  Kemp also gets his chance to show that the glimpses we got at the end of last season are the real deal.

It’s also a big test for our leaders to maintain the players’ belief in themselves despite the absence of Harry and Young.

I’m disappointed that Stocker didn’t come up; it would have been great watching him give Toby a bit of curry.

I still think that GWS are soft and will not cope with our pressure and midfield dominance.  Blues by 20!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #125
Really looking forward to this with so many missing and how Voss and the team are prepared mentally.

Not expecting a win but really do not want to see games from some players that are known to be conditional.

Reply #126
I can’t see how we can win tbh.
For me maybe Cripps/Kennedy rotating at ff, but I’d rather Kennedy play the whole game at ff and keep Cripps floating forward where he’s done well this year.
Not sure how the defence will hold up either, Young will be missed.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #127
I can’t see how we can win tbh.
For me maybe Cripps/Kennedy rotating at ff, but I’d rather Kennedy play the whole game at ff and keep Cripps floating forward where he’s done well this year.
Not sure how the defence will hold up either, Young will be missed.

Yep, i initially floated Kennedy to FF with Cripps resting there as he does now. IMO that would sort out our forwardline for a week at least.
However, the backline without Young makes things extra difficult.

I'd suggest we may see a resting ruck (TDK/SOJ) hanging out around CHB filling space.

Reply #128
Yep, i initially floated Kennedy to FF with Cripps resting there as he does now. IMO that would sort out our forwardline for a week at least.
However, the backline without Young makes things extra difficult.

I'd suggest we may see a resting ruck (TDK/SOJ) hanging out around CHB filling space.
Hewett has also spent time as a forward at the Swans, actually as a utility used all over the place, so he is a good size and may also be an option of a rotation.

But now that Kemp is in I suspect he's going to get a rotation, maybe him and SoJ flicking between F50 and D50.

What we may miss this week is the lead up marking across the wing and HBF that BigH is supreme at.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #129
Whatever we do it’s imperative to lower our eyes and honor with good delivery to our small forwards, if we bomb we are cooked.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #130
Obviously we will miss Harry but Young is the bigger loss. We can change the height of our own forward line but we can't change the height of the opposition's.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #131
Naming of the sub will be critical
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #132
Hewett has also spent time as a forward at the Swans, actually as a utility used all over the place, so he is a good size and may also be an option of a rotation.

But now that Kemp is in I suspect he's going to get a rotation, maybe him and SoJ flicking between F50 and D50.

What we may miss this week is the lead up marking across the wing and HBF that BigH is supreme at.

Kennedy has a couple inches on Hewitt.
Kennedy has a great set of hands for his height
Kennedy is great on the lead.
Kennedy is arguably our best shot for goal.

I picked Kennedy because of his ability to play a traditional FF role and give us structure. (and Cripps as continued backup)

Hewitt is a completely different player who doesn't have the attributes of Kennedy (cripps or soj), but i'm sure he is capable of kicking a goal too.....we've already had Weitering and Docherty kick goals this year.

Reply #133
Kennedy has a couple inches on Hewitt.
Kennedy has a great set of hands for his height
Kennedy is great on the lead.
Kennedy is arguably our best shot for goal.

I picked Kennedy because of his ability to play a traditional FF role and give us structure. (and Cripps as continued backup)

Hewitt is a completely different player who doesn't have the attributes of Kennedy (cripps or soj), but i'm sure he is capable of kicking a goal too.....we've already had Weitering and Docherty kick goals this year.

I don’t want Cripps anchored up forward.
I want him playing midfield and pushing forward.
Like most non forwards he struggles being a key forward with a kpd opponent, play him to his strengths, as we have done successfully all season.
His goals come from the mismatch of a mid trying to spoil/mind/out mark him or from coming across the pack.

Charlie has to bring EVERYTHING to ground and keep presenting to keep Haynes busy and out of the way of Kennedy, Kemp, Cripps, SOS, TDK and the smalls.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #134
I don’t want Cripps anchored up forward.
I want him playing midfield and pushing forward.
Like most non forwards he struggles being a key forward with a kpd opponent, play him to his strengths, as we have done successfully all season.
His goals come from the mismatch of a mid trying to spoil/mind/out mark him or from coming across the pack.

Charlie has to bring EVERYTHING to ground and keep presenting to keep Haynes busy and out of the way of Kennedy, Kemp, Cripps, SOS, TDK and the smalls.

Nah, cripps plays his usual role. Which is mid, but drifting forward.
Kennedy plays FF and if required, can drift into the midfield when Cripps comes forward.

Charlie has to be the link man up on the wing, working in with TDK and Jack to get the ball out of defense to a marking target.

Let Kennedy play 1-out from the square and give him space.
If they play a tall on him, let him beat him on the lead.
If they play a small on him, let him beat them in the air.

As long as we don't bomb it on his head when he has a tall on him, we'll be ok.