Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs GWS (Read 4154 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30
A really good win. Undersized, playing away, GWS fired up and nowhere near our best side in. I think we had seven of what I think is our best twenty-two and then we lose Williams in the first quarter. All in all a very good effort. Very impressed with Silvagni, Cripps, and Durdin, business as usual from Walsh, Saad, Weitering and Docherty, except for the goal he kicked which was beyond excellent, extremely pleased with Fisher, O'Brien, Plowman, Newnes, Kennedy and Hewitt, while De Konning, Curnow and Motlop all kept competing. Owies could have had a very good game, but small forwards have to kick goals, Kemp and Newman battled, Cottrell contributed, while I thought Carroll and  Cerra struggled a bit. Our run and teaming was excellent and our ability to keep or shape and not all get drawn into the contest, particularly in the forward half, was pleasing. If we turn up to play we are a pretty good side. We just need a bit of a good run with injuries. The problem for the Carlton players is that we now know they can do it. We now know that they can face adversity and succeed. Now they have to do it all the time. We have to get tougher in our heads and take the opportunities we get instead of squandering our chances in front of goal like we did again today, and we have got to stop kicking the ball to players like Toby Green in our backline. We are going to have to work really hard to not make finals this year.

Reply #31
And after watching cameron address his team pre game, it was anything but inspiring

Reply #32
best win of the year, worst commentary by along way

Glad I wasn't the only one disappointed with the commentary.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
Didn't think we played that well but still won well which is a good sign.
GWS had great motivation to win but just lack spirit, leadership and play as individuals. Cripps did it all , midfield, ruck and led the team well.Durdin is a ripper little player and enjoyed seeing him work up the ground.
Nice story on Matt Kennedy this week and how his faith has helped his game and he was in our best again.
Plowman and Docherty were steady all game and Weitering controlled the backline which he did well minus Young and any other KP help.
TDK battled well but Pruess was just too big and strong and imo we need to give him more help ie Mirkov.

Re Preuss being to big and strong, I don’t see how Mirkov will combat that…?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #34
Chris Johnson’s special comments were the worst most biased I’ve ever heard. He bitched and moaned every time we got a free, complained when we got a 50 yet didn’t say a word when GWS received the same then when the giants got to within 17 points again in the last quarter got that excited he could hardly contain himself.
Did Voss sack him when he was coach at Lions or something?
Then when Taylor asked if Durdin was doing these things when he was at North 🙄I thanked god Huddo and Jude Bolton where there.
Almost unlistenable at stages

Reply #35
BT was actively barracking against us as was whoever the other windbag was in the box. The ‘not much there’ comments on frees we got were visibly just not true and constant. The non commentary on free kicks we should have got and didn’t, was glaring as well.  Don’t know if they were prepared for an against all odds win for GWS and couldn’t veer from that, I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ really disappointing for all Carlton fans watching I’m sure.

Reply #36
Chris Johnson’s special comments were the worst most biased I’ve ever heard. He bitched and moaned every time we got a free, complained when we got a 50 yet didn’t say a word when GWS received the same then when the giants got to within 17 points again in the last quarter got that excited he could hardly contain himself.
Did Voss sack him when he was coach at Lions or something?
Then when Taylor asked if Durdin was doing these things when he was at North 🙄I thanked god Huddo and Jude Bolton where there.
Almost unlistenable at stages

Right? Oh so it was Chris Johnson, I was screaming at the TV, ruined what was a great win for us.

Reply #37
Re Preuss being to big and strong, I don’t see how Mirkov will combat that…?
Mirkov is a big unit himself and while inexperienced would made Pruess work a bit harder to match those extra cms and that
might help TDK both having a rest and wearing Pruess down a bit.
Didnt really like seeing Cripps rucking even though he was very competitive  vs the GWS second stringers and Mirkov could have
taken that load off Cripps, Jack etc.
I think we are putting a fair load of work on TDK too and given our luck with injury I hope  we are not working him too hard when we have a ruckman all be it inexperienced in the reserves who could alleviate that.
Hickey for the Swans will be another workout for TDK and I hope I dont see TDK and Cripps doing all the work again especially with Jack filling in for Harry down forward and probably not rucking as much.

Reply #38
Commentary was crap but you get used to bias,  listening to that clown Luke Darcy so anything is better than him.
BT was so disappointed we had the game won in the last quarter and that we were secure in 4th spot...wrecked Leons day and spoilt their programming maybe. The Durdin comment was funny..mixing up Sam ex of Nth with Cory...BT needs to give it away...

Reply #39
Mirkov is a big unit himself and while inexperienced would made Pruess work a bit harder to match those extra cms and that
might help TDK both having a rest and wearing Pruess down a bit.
Didnt really like seeing Cripps rucking even though he was very competitive  vs the GWS second stringers and Mirkov could have
taken that load off Cripps, Jack etc.
I think we are putting a fair load of work on TDK too and given our luck with injury I hope  we are not working him too hard when we have a ruckman all be it inexperienced in the reserves who could alleviate that.
Hickey for the Swans will be another workout for TDK and I hope I dont see TDK and Cripps doing all the work again especially with Jack filling in for Harry down forward and probably not rucking as much.

I walked past him at the G, and a big unit isn't what I thought of when I saw Mirkov. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
I walked past him at the G, and a big unit isn't what I thought of when I saw Mirkov. 
I'm 184cm and around 80kg....Mirkov is 210cm and 104kg,  from where I'm looking up thats a decent size human.

Reply #41
They never look as bulky as you think, but what is there is all muscle.

I remember meeting Bogut at The G while he was still playing, he was tall but looked far leaner than he seemed on TV. Since then over the last few years I've seen him a couple of times since he pulled the pin on playing, he looks more heavily built now but he wouldn't be as fit or strong, but now he looks like people imagine from the TV.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Mirkov needs one more pre season - Preuss is a 115kg 207cm monster

TDK is 22 and needs another 2-3 years to mature and fill out

Reply #44
Big Braydon still has 10kg on him. Would have ragdolled him more than Tom.
Pruess would ragdoll most ruckman in terms of weight. I'm thinking more about preserving Tom......dont expect to win the ruck but dont want to see TDK worn down either given his injury history. Also not a fan of Cripps rucking....