Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs GWS (Read 4275 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs GWS

Reply #90
DJC....reckon he looked lost early in the game but definitely got better. For now he's probably our only option as a 3rd tall with Parks also sidelined. Reckon he holds his spot this week regardless of whether Young comes back in...might even be thrown forward as a taller option down there at times during the game.
Kemp has more future than Parks..I'd be sending the latter on his way at seasons end.

Reply #91
Tend to agree EB....liked him when he first came in...had a bit of mongrel about him but he's not the most skilful bloke. Kemp probably struggling a bit with having to find a role at the moment. Sounds like in the VFL he's getting bounced around a bit. From memory he was recruited more as a tall midfielder with a good bit of speed.

Reply #92
DJC....reckon he looked lost early in the game but definitely got better. For now he's probably our only option as a 3rd tall with Parks also sidelined. Reckon he holds his spot this week regardless of whether Young comes back in...might even be thrown forward as a taller option down there at times during the game.
Think, from memory, Kemp played as a forward in the pre-season practice match against St Kilda and was OK. Think he kicked a goal as well, so that idea has some merit.

Reply #93

Yes, Kemp in the second half was a different player and had the confidence to back his judgement.

I’d like to see him keep his spot.  With Young and Stocker back in the 22, Kemp may find himself playing as a key forward 🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #94
Kemp has more future than Parks..I'd be sending the latter on his way at seasons end.

Parks reached his potential from day 1....and has very little scope for improvement.

Kemp is nowhere near his peak yet, plenty of room for growth. Whether he gets there is anybodys guess....but definitely need to explore that.

FWIW, i was not overly impressed with his efforts last week. He spoiled his own teammates at least a couple of times resulting in goals. That stuff should come with experience and playing more with his the same players in the backline.

Reply #95
I watched Kemp in a couple of practice matches up forward - seemed to know what he was doing, especially on the lead.  Also seemed like a solid kick for goal.

This might be useful, since we have only one big marking target for the moment, and we need to draw defenders away to give him as many 1 on 1s as possible.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #96
Parks reached his potential from day 1....and has very little scope for improvement.

Kemp is nowhere near his peak yet, plenty of room for growth. Whether he gets there is anybodys guess....but definitely need to explore that.

FWIW, i was not overly impressed with his efforts last week. He spoiled his own teammates at least a couple of times resulting in goals. That stuff should come with experience and playing more with his the same players in the backline.
I agree with all that, Kemp looked a bit disorganized and nervous but as you say needs more games and a bit of direction on the ground to learn how the backline is operating. Not knowing which position you fit in on the field doesnt help either, he has the talent to play a few roles but I dont think anyone knows where his best position is at this stage and you probably tend to try too hard to establish yourself when you get your chance to find a spot in what is a fairly settled team these days.