Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney (Read 2226 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 10 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

We get a five day break with so many of our better players unavailable. If conditions ever favoured Sydney, this game would be it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 10 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #1
Young and Stocker should be available

Reply #3
Kemp is not in great touch ATM,  if somebody needs time in the twos to find it,  it's him.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
I'd be surprised if Stocker gets back by Friday night.

Also, I think Cottrell has done enough today to warrant a starting position, it's not like he hasn't got the tank. I think Newman is carrying an injury, he's struggling to cover the ground.

Plowman was OK today.

TIme might be just right for Dow to come in, not so much because we need him in the midfield but because we need to make use of Cripps and Hewett more around the ground.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Looks like we finally have that thing called... depth!   ^-^
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #6
I watched a bit of the Swans the other night.
Gee they were impressive the way they moved and controlled the ball,
I thought to myself at the time that they were a level above us.
After yesterday I'm not so pessimistic, but make no mistake this will be a really tough game to win especially given the short break and our injury situation.

Reply #7
I watched a bit of the Swans the other night.
Gee they were impressive the way they moved and controlled the ball,
Yep, this will be our biggest test by far, but even so all is not lost and I'm 50/50 on the result.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Personally, I don't think we have a snowflake's.  Not with the injuries. 

Reply #9
I hope we get to wear our clash jumper against the Swans...said nobody ever
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #10

We'll be wearing our indigenous jersey on Friday.  im pretty confident i heard them say that on the broadcast.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11

Interestingly enough, I have heard more than one player from other clubs say it is much easier to spot team-mates when they are wearing mainly white uniforms.

Have a look at down-the-ground footage - when our team is in white, all 18 are clear and obvious, whereas the Navy Blue tends to blend in with the crowd.  Not suggesting we become the Navy Whites, but it may not be all negative.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #12
Personally, I don't think we have a snowflake's.  Not with the injuries.
Possibly, but we seem to be generating plenty of opportunities.

A lot of the media and fans are obsessed with McKay and Curnow, but are they the driver or the beneficiaries of our scoring opportunities?

I think our players are starting to see the benefit of sacrifice and it's a bit of a lightbulb moment. In the past we seemed to be a team waiting for someone else to drag us across the line, now we appear to be creating the solution.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Possibly, but we seem to be generating plenty of opportunities.

A lot of the media and fans are obsessed with McKay and Curnow, but are they the driver or the beneficiaries of our scoring opportunities?

I think our players are starting to see the benefit of sacrifice and it's a bit of a lightbulb moment. In the past we seemed to be a team waiting for someone else to drag us across the line, now we appear to be creating the solution.

I really like the Voss mantra of 'next man in' - we have 22 on the park every week, each with a job to do.  No use crying over players that are not available, make it work another way.   And play your part, don't wait for others to do it for you. 

I think this is where our newly-found depth has come from.  We had it all along, but now the spare parts players have been empowered to do their job, and are by and large doing it as best as they can.  Up until now, most of our bottom 6 on the park have been confused spectators.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #14
Swans are a good contested team and  are better up forward now with Buddy and Papley both back.
Going to be fierce in the midfield, be interesting to see Hewett vs Parker and crew. Parker copping a bit from the press for letting Shiel know what he thinks of his
attack on the ball.