Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 9 2022 Carlton vs Sandringham (Read 1581 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 9 2022 Carlton vs Sandringham

Reply #15
I don't judge them on rush disposal from the inside, it's a comment about how he reliably chooses and hits targets from being in the open.
He is highly reliable by foot and hand. I think I just have a soft spot for young tough players that consistently get 7 tackles and 7 clearances per game. They are not easy to find.

Reply #17
Hopefully it is just a bit of soreness.
He'd be a huge asset if fit.
....but if it is an ACL then that must be the end.
We can't afford a spot on the list for sentiment.

Reply #18
Mrs just told me apparently Marchbank has done his other knee.  Suspected ACL. 
Why am I not surprised.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Hopefully it is just a bit of soreness.
He'd be a huge asset if fit.
....but if it is an ACL then that must be the end.
We can't afford a spot on the list for sentiment.

7 News just said he is perfectly ok. Just got a knock on the knee and off as a precaution.

Reply #20
7 News just said he is perfectly ok. Just got a knock on the knee and off as a precaution.
Thats Marchbank code for 8mths out.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
Mrs just told me apparently Marchbank has done his other knee.  Suspected ACL. 

I believe Mrs Thryleon may be wrong … just this once 😇

I hope she is anyway; Caleb needs some luck to go his way.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
Mirkov injuried

It was like watching a giraffe do a fetlock.  Here’s hoping it’s nothing worse than a mild sprain.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
Great first qtr, then fell asleep until well into the final qtr when some intensity returned!

Worried about Kemp, seems to be playing without confidence. Not playing with his usual dash and dare.

How does a midfielder, Dow, get through an entire game without laying one tackle! ::)

Liked the games of Boyd and Willo.

Setters still doing too much 'kick and hope'... handing it back to the opposition.

Marchbank good until the knock on his knee. Coming along nicely.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
Baggers...unfortunately Setterfield does that at AFL level far too often as well....he's been overtaken now by the likes of Carroll, O'Brien, Cottrell. Read somewhere the club is still looking at an outside mid in the trade period which would spell the end for Setterfield.

Reply #25
I believe Mrs Thryleon may be wrong … just this once 😇

I hope she is anyway; Caleb needs some luck to go his way.

I wasnt brave enough to argue differently.  In fairness to Marchy, if the diagnsosis is a bad knee injury, its a good week to find out, because it gives us another spot in the mid season draft to audition a longer term option.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Great first qtr, then fell asleep until well into the final qtr when some intensity returned!

Worried about Kemp, seems to be playing without confidence. Not playing with his usual dash and dare.

How does a midfielder, Dow, get through an entire game without laying one tackle! ::)

Liked the games of Boyd and Willo.

Setters still doing too much 'kick and hope'... handing it back to the opposition.

Marchbank good until the knock on his knee. Coming along nicely.

What is Dow's tackling rate generally? He got 31 touches and kicked 2.1, had a great game but needs to tackle too.

Reply #27
I think we should train up boyd to be stronger and fitter to play mid 2023 and trade Dow (not 1 tackle) disgrace.