Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 4891 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 11 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

1520 Sunday at the MCG.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 11 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
10 day break for the lads well deserved.

Cupboard is still bare with talls - Motlop and Carroll are fantastic youngsters that will probably make way for Martin and Newnes

Reply #2
10 day break for the lads well deserved.

Cupboard is still bare with talls - Motlop and Carroll are fantastic youngsters that will probably make way for Martin and Newnes
Don't agree on Martin.  I think he needs to build some form via the VFL, and Motlop has been more than useful in his two games.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #3
Martin should not displace anyone from the side that has won 4 in a row.

Reply #4
Carroll did a few very influential things and should retain his place, Cottrell LoB have all worked hard and are giving effort, I can't see anyone walking in to the side.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Flying over from WA for this one and have a ticket at the G....somewhere down in the Punt Road end. Can you blokes do something about the weather?

Can't wait to be at this one. Win this then a bye and then Bombers. By then we might be getting close to getting some talls back into the side?

Reply #6
Flying over from WA for this one and have a ticket at the G....somewhere down in the Punt Road end. Can you blokes do something about the weather?

Can't wait to be at this one. Win this then a bye and then Bombers. By then we might be getting close to getting some talls back into the side?
I read somewhere Pitto and H will be back for Freo.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
Carroll did a few very influential things and should retain his place, Cottrell LoB have all worked hard and are giving effort, I can't see anyone walking in to the side.

Agree with that LP.
Williamson’s performance in the VFL, on the wing I believe, might see a tussle for spots.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
Pies slogged out a great win in the wet against Freo. They laid 80 tackles and lost big Cox with a finger injury.

That’s the upside if you’re a Pies fan. Hopefully it offers a little upside if you’re a Blues fan.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
Pies are very workmanlike and have some good contested players but dont have the finishing class and like to turn games into slogfests where they scrap and claw the ball forward. I think they will be competitive for a period then drop off and we should have a 5-6 goal win. The wet Freo conditions suited the Pies style and you can argue we couldnt beat Freo, but Imho we are a class above Collingwood and should give them a good reaming..

Reply #10
We'll be up for it. 

Reply #11
Pies are very workmanlike and have some good contested players but dont have the finishing class and like to turn games into slogfests where they scrap and claw the ball forward. I think they will be competitive for a period then drop off and we should have a 5-6 goal win. The wet Freo conditions suited the Pies style and you can argue we couldnt beat Freo, but Imho we are a class above Collingwood and should give them a good reaming..

I hope so. They are a freak show. Their best is amazing. Their normal play can be pulled apart. They are that unpredictable side that can do lots or nothing. All depending on the day. I hope we are more stable than that. I also wish we had far less injuries in our squad. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us on the arse. We have done so well with a depleted depth.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #12
Agree with that LP.
Williamson’s performance in the VFL, on the wing I believe, might see a tussle for spots.
Willo would want to be able to do some serious 4 qtr running to displace Cotts, LOB or even Carroll.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
I hope so. They are a freak show. Their best is amazing. Their normal play can be pulled apart. They are that unpredictable side that can do lots or nothing. All depending on the day. I hope we are more stable than that. I also wish we had far less injuries in our squad. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us on the arse. We have done so well with a depleted depth.
Voss v Fly, battle of the mates, be interesting battle of the coaches boxes with ex Blues coach Bolts in there as well. One of those games where we don't have any intel on them (or them on us). Against the Swans, we had George and Newmy who them well. Would be very nice and wonderful for our confidence growth to win this and go into the bye 9-2.
Fun Fact: Last time we won 5 in a row? 2000 which was quite a streak of 13 in a row. Replicate that these days and we are winning flags.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
Heard Pendlebury on the radio this morning.

Talked about how gastro (or flu or something similar) has gone right through the club over the last 2-3 weeks. Thats why he was a late out against the dogs in R8.

He says its finally back to normal and everyone is back to full fitness.
So we need to realise that their form of late has not been a true reflection of their talent and they should not be taken lightly.