Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 6022 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
In the past 2 games, Vossy's arguably seen our best and worst.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
I'm convinced we're good enough, when we want to be,  but we need a bit of luck, something we haven't had for a long,  long time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #32
Lewis Young....looked good.

Reply #33
You just dont lose games like that, why do we give so many goals away in the last one to two minutes of qtrs. Its insane. We did it every qtr bar 1 tonight.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
We burnt too many opportunities with horrendous foot skills, the tennis equivalent of unforced errors.

Negatives;
Fans love Motlop but he's a burden at the moment, Newnes dropped more than he caught, he can be renamed Iron Gloves.

Positives;
Cottrell cares and he puts in, BigH is back baby!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
Lewis Young....looked good.

Steep learning curve for the young fella. He's embraced an enormous challenge and come out on top. That’s what builds resilience right there.
More importantly for us, he's been durable too. An outstanding season 👏
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #36
You just dont lose games like that, why do we give so many goals away in the last one to two minutes of qtrs. Its insane. We did it every qtr bar 1 tonight.

Melksham kicking 4 goals 2
Charlie kicking 1 goal 4

Was the game really. But the method of finals type play with so many gun mids missing is nothing short of outstanding.

Reply #37
Melksham kicking 4 goals 2
Charlie kicking 1 goal 4

Was the game really. But the method of finals type play with so many gun mids missing is nothing short of outstanding.

Melksham dribbled his last kick in for a goal on the left foot 45m during the warm up right in front of me.  I turned to me mate and said “He’ll have a big one”.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Melksham dribbled his last kick in for a goal on the left foot 45m during the warm up right in front of me.  I turned to me mate and said “He’ll have a big one”.

..and unfortunately you were right. I don't think we are a flag side but think we are more than good enough to play in Prelims if we play like that. I would have loved to have all our bulls in the team today. Would have blown them away by 10 goals IMO.

Reply #39
There were so many costly moments in that one that its unfair to single one player out.

Ultimately they all put in and was possibly our best 4 quarter effort for the year given the numbers out. 

The umpires played a hand in Melbourne's win today.  Kosi pickett somehow got a holding the ball against Stocker with no prior.  The demons got away with plenty and only cripps got done for what was a correct disposal.

Can't fault the effort, but we got a few gifts and didn't hit the scoreboard.

Thats why Collingwood keep winning for what its worth.  They haven't wasted their chances.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
Yep luck plays a part no doubt but we had the ball in our hands with under a minute to go and we should have been able to milk the clock and not turn it into a 50/50 kick which then opens the door.

Reply #41
Tonight was true endorsement of Vossy’s ‘next man up’ mantra! Stoker in, Setterfield in, Martín In…..play your role. 

Reply #42
Biggest negative was our disposal by foot - kicking to advantage by the Demons vs kicking to a contest or a disadvantage by the Blues

Reply #43
Have never been a Setterfield fan because of his poor kicking under pressure but his game on Oliver showed me that he does have something to offer in the guts - more so than Dow anyway - still not sold on him as a winger though

Reply #44
Interesting figures…..

Stevic -- 14 frees to 5 Melbourne's way.
The other two umps paid it 9-8.
Goals with Stevic awarding free kicks:  Melbourne: 5  - Carlton 1.