Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 9286 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
Fragile Blues v the ginnoless pies...

Reply #16
First home game in a month -- tough run for the lads but still think Collingwood are a little soft.

Pretty sure I heard them say they are the number 1 pressure side in the comp.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
We have the added incentive of ruining the Pies double chance now. Go Blues!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
First home game in a month -- tough run for the lads but still think Collingwood are a little soft.

Collingwood didn't like the in-close pressure against the Swans today. Cut the free run that have been enjoying lately.

I reckon if we win we will play them again the first week of finals.

Reply #19
Pretty sure I heard them say they are the number 1 pressure side in the comp.

It got reversed today and they got found out. big time. Of their 7 goals 4 were frees, some real shockers, and two very generous turnovers.

Reply #20
Ginnivan hamstring.......already falling into place for us...

Lucky aren't we 😄
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #21
Need to tag the Daicos boys, we didnt tag Lachie Neale and paid for it but these two kids are the ones that give the Pies wheels through the middle and set up a lot of their moves.
Swans used Clarke on NickD and he cut him back to just an average game and a few of those old blokes like Sidebottom, Pendles and Elliott really were non effective in terms of linking up play and creating any run.
Pies also lack one tall defender now that Roughead retired and we should be able to stretch them down back if the weather is kind to us. They looked tired and battle weary playing the Swans and like they are waiting for that weeks rest, I'd expect them to do better at the MCG with more space to work in but imho I reckon they are ripe for a good smashing and if we can get some run in our legs and intensity we sail into the finals rather than limp in...

Reply #22
Need to tag the Daicos boys, we didnt tag Lachie Neale and paid for it but these two kids are the ones that give the Pies wheels through the middle and set up a lot of their moves.
Swans used Clarke on NickD and he cut him back to just an average game and a few of those old blokes like Sidebottom, Pendles and Elliott really were non effective in terms of linking up play and creating any run.
Pies also lack one tall defender now that Roughead retired and we should be able to stretch them down back if the weather is kind to us. They looked tired and battle weary playing the Swans and like they are waiting for that weeks rest, I'd expect them to do better at the MCG with more space to work in but imho I reckon they are ripe for a good smashing and if we can get some run in our legs and intensity we sail into the finals rather than limp in...

From your keyboard to the ears of the gods...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
Collingwood didn't like the in-close pressure against the Swans today. Cut the free run that have been enjoying lately.

I reckon if we win we will play them again the first week of finals.

Thought the same thing, the relentless pressure at the contest, the taking the pace off the game with chipping it around, then opening it up with speed on the ball. Rottingwood were at 6s and 7s... never looked like it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
This is our chance to play an early elimination final. Will have played 6 of the teams in the top 8 in the last 10 matches and likely to have no wins to any of those games. My bad. One against Fremantle. Will continue to be difficult without Kennedy and Hewitt.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #25
VFL side is in the same boat. Win and stay in, lose and fall out.

Reply #26
Cometh the moment cometh the TEAM  8)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #27
Spot on EB.
Nick D has been running around unopposed all year..until now. The BS stops and the real stuff starts, I hope we learnt from:
1. When we played them last and Sidey ran around all day alone.
2. How the Swans dismantled them today.
I think it will be hard and I dont share your confidence, but finals start this week for us so lets see what Vossy and the boys have got. We almost rolled the reigning premiers but for two minutes of "lack of attention to detail" according to Vossy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
This is our chance to play an early elimination final. Will have played 6 of the teams in the top 8 in the last 10 matches and likely to have no wins to any of those games. My bad. One against Fremantle. Will continue to be difficult without Kennedy and Hewitt.

Whilst we’ve had a couple of important players out, the bigger issue has been that over the past month or so approx a third of the team has been short of a run as we’ve had so many players returning from injury (eg Weitering, McGovern, honey, Marchbank, Martin, Pittonet, Setterfield).

Each week that goes by the same players are getting AFL match conditioned and it’s only a matter of time before we hit top form. Hoping like hell it’s against the pies.

Cant wait for this this game, crowd will be at fever pitch!

Reply #29
I just hope the boys haven't spent all their tickets against the Demons. That was surely an exhausting game.