Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Finals Week 1 Sunday 28th August Collingwood v Carlton at Victoria park 1PM (Read 5360 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Finals Week 1 Sunday 28th August Collingwood v Carlton at Victoria park 1PM

Reply #60
Final score 15.10.100 to 10.8.68

A couple of serious injuries soured the result and we’ll be digging deep to find replacements.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: VFL Finals Week 1 Sunday 28th August Collingwood v Carlton at Victoria park 1PM

Reply #61
Good performance, that's one FIlth side out of finals.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #62
Lieu will be on an AFL list next season.
Hopefully ours, love his aggression.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
No Maher and Handley next week. Unlucky for the lads

Reply #64
Something I didn't think I'd be saying at this time of the year...

Setterfield is a class above this level. ;)  :D

Reply #65
Great win only soured by 2 injuries. Handley looked like a serious hamstring.

Setters was outstanding. Stocker his usual tough at it game. Cahill & Lieu both smart footballers. Carroll building, has good poise and vision.
Noticed TDK celebrating with them before they left the ground.

Finally..... we have some success in our 2's as the big ship turns. Congratulations 👏
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #66
Kemp looks like a real player, just not sure where he fits in to the team. The ultimate utility!!

I believe that was his draft moniker. He's been developing down back, and showing signs up forward. He's part of our future imo. Versatility is gold.
Henry Ford.

Reply #67
What happened to Fogarty?
Henry Ford.

Reply #68
Hopefully ours, love his aggression.

Two weeks ago I would have said I see the strength , aggression, solid body for a kid, sound skills but still I don't see the quality to make an AFL list unless lucky.  Last week and this have been a revelation.  Someone will pick him up and could do very well out of it,

Reply #69
What happened to Fogarty?

He is just finished.  Not really good enough.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #70
I hoped Fogarty is fit enough to replace either Handley or Maher next week. Wasted year if he isn't.
For that matter, Boyd must be some sort of chance. which would help. Both Maher and Handley have been good this year. Both have become goal kickers.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #71
Lieu will be on an AFL list next season.
I like the kid as I have said before, very solid composed player.

Reply #72
I like the kid as I have said before, very solid composed player.

He reminds me a bit of Stocker with his hard attack on the footy and ball carrier but he’s got more size and is a better mark.

I believe he played in the midfield and forward as a junior before his intercept marking ability became apparent.

He was one of our train on players so he should be well and truly in Austin’s sights.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #73
Ned Cahill has a touch of class about him. Used the ball very well kicking onto leading players. Its the only time ive seen him play and i was impressed. I know he was on the cheats list.

Does anyone else know more about him 

Reply #74
Ned Cahill has a touch of class about him. Used the ball very well kicking onto leading players. Its the only time ive seen him play and i was impressed. I know he was on the cheats list.

Does anyone else know more about him 
Watched him in a couple of games for Vic country, I thought his kicking needed work back then, smart enough, tackles well for a small player and does apply forward pressure which is a skill you need in the modern game.
I'd probably like my premier small forward to be a strong mark for his inches much like Weightman from the Bulldogs, Cahill is very much like Durdin so I'd want that marking ability as a point of difference if I was adding another small forward even as a rookie.