Skip to main content
Topic: Squad for JLT game named (Read 42235 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Squad for JLT game named

Reply #240
I agree with the positive outlook for JGM, I've watched him enough to see he has something, maybe lacks aerobic capacity. But we don't want to keep kids on ice too long though, they can lose interest and leave! I'd love to see him get the 3rd or 4th KPD role provided they think his fitness is up to scratch.

But in fairness relative to my earlier opinions, I said the same thing about Gowers and he's cut!

Me too!

Perhaps the difference is that players with Gowers' attributes are easy to come by.  Key defenders are a little harder to find and it makes sense to persevere when one shows potential.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #241
Me too!

Perhaps the difference is that players with Gowers' attributes are easy to come by.  Key defenders are a little harder to find and it makes sense to persevere when one shows potential.

We had very few in the 2s looking as hard at the contested football as Gowers, admittedly he wasn't consistent in his output.

But he's gone so we move on.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #242
JGM played 14 VFL games last year, I don't recall him ever being in the best players.
He has just turned 20, I doubt he'll be retained unless he can earn 5-6 senior games this year.
I hope he can do it.
Let’s go BIG !