Skip to main content
Topic: Squad for JLT game named (Read 42366 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Squad for JLT game named

Reply #120
Kids still look the future.... Fisher, Cunners, Marchbank, Pickett, Charlie C etc.

Same old load of nuthin' from Thomas, Gorringe, White etc.  Time to move on and give others a go.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #121
9 goals ? Let's hope Bolts is just lulling the rest of the comp into a false sense of security.
We only averaged 10 goals last year. We didn't really add to our forwardline. Not sure what you were expecting.

Reply #122
From what I got to see the kids did things, odds bits and bobs, which is what you expect from kids.

The concern for me comes from the seniors, the presence of any significant game plan or leadership looks non-existent.

Disinterest seems to be the common thread, maybe we are in a heavy training load at the moment and JLT just isn't of interest to the older bodies.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
Kids still look the future.... Fisher, Cunners, Marchbank, Pickett, Charlie C etc.

Same old load of nuthin' from Thomas, Gorringe, White etc.  Time to move on and give others a go.

Yes, right there.

Fisher looked alright, runs straight and kicks long and direct.

Reply #124
We only averaged 10 goals last year. We didn't really add to our forwardline. Not sure what you were expecting.

The 9 goals in my previous post refers to the losing margin, not the number of goals we kicked, but I understand they are the same number.

I had hoped for a closely fought contest, played with heart and intensity, by 18 players for 4 q.

Reply #126
You won't see that in the pre-season. ;)

Perhaps not, but most of the other games played thus far have been much closer than what we had just now. I don't know if we're genuinely crap, or too young ,or if Bolts is just tinkering and has zero interest in the pre season comp, but a 9 goal thumping looks bad IMO.

Reply #127
Perhaps not, but most of the other games played thus far have been much closer than what we had just now. I don't know if we're genuinely crap, or too young ,or if Bolts is just tinkering and has zero interest in the pre season comp, but a 9 goal thumping looks bad IMO.

Don't get caught up with practice games. Doesn't always tell you much about round 1.

Reply #128
You won't see that in the pre-season. ;)

Disagree.

We actually saw that last year.

We saw it a few times when we won the thing.

What you won't see is a true prediction of regular season form from the pre-season.
(I hope that continues to be true, otherwise its a long season)

Reply #129
Don't get caught up with practice games. Doesn't always tell you much about round 1.

I know - given the last 4 seasons, I always fear the worst.

Reply #130
I think you should see coherence and structure even if intensity isn't obviously there

If you look at the Dees today there was clear structure, you knew where the goals would come from, who would deliver the ball, win the clearances and how they would shut us down.

I didn't know what Carlton was doing, not that I saw more than about half a game, but we looked confused. I'm hoping we are holding our cards close and the rest can be disinterest, but it worries me because if we want to rise the Dees are going to be a good benchmark. We never looked like testing the water today.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #131
Unless they're starting extra early in getting our hopes down and setting themselves up for another massive tilt at the draft.

But that's probably too far fetched.

Reply #132
I know - given the last 4 seasons, I always fear the worst.

Game is based around running. No run, no structure. Dees played like it was a real game, we turned up for a hitout. Look crap every time when that happens. I was shocked half way through the last qtr when I looked at the scoreboard and we were "only" 34 pts behind. Not expecting alot this year but today tell us not much. Basically just looked at how the younger one's played

Reply #133
I hope you're right Jimbo.

Reply #134
I was shocked half way through the last qtr when I looked at the scoreboard and we were "only" 34 pts behind.

Yep, for the team the Dees had in, the way the game looked on the tube as well as the stats, the Dees should have won bigger.
The Force Awakens!