Skip to main content
Topic: My Favourite Footy Show & Why (non-live game) (Read 3909 times) previous topic - next topic

My Favourite Footy Show & Why (non-live game)

Gotta say that the Friday Front Bar is nearing cult status... just love it. Should be an hour.

Next would be the Sheehan interviews... quality stuff.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: My Favourite Footy Show & Why (non-live game)

Reply #1
Gotta say that the Friday Front Bar is nearing cult status... just love it. Should be an hour.

Next would be the Sheehan interviews... quality stuff.
x2. I reckon Sam Pang is the funniest bloke on TV ATM.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Yep me too. Record it cause I never seem to be awake to watch it when it's starts. Agree should be an hour.

Was spewing when for some unknown reason before the game was axed so this takes some of that pain away.

Comedians make me laugh and this show is a beauty, sick of watching ex players trying to be funny.

Reply #3
My favourite footy show was Before the Game on a Saturday night with Lehmo, molloy, Hughesy, Sam lane and Maher.

I really used to enjoy cracking a can and listening to their banter, then they tried to go head to head on a thursday night with TFS and didn't last too long after that. Shame really.

Reply #4
My favourite footy show was Before the Game on a Saturday night with Lehmo, molloy, Hughesy, Sam lane and Maher.

I really used to enjoy cracking a can and listening to their banter, then they tried to go head to head on a thursday night with TFS and didn't last too long after that. Shame really.
BTG was a ripper of a show indeed, loved it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5

Couldn't agree more, Before the Game was a ripper of a footy show. Loved it. Ex players trying to be funny is getting very tired. I get a laugh out of Billy B but that's about it. Hard to know why people like Newman these days.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
World of Sport was a crack up but there were so many good footy shows before the broadcast agreements.

League Teams with Jack Dyer, Lou Richards and Bobby Davis had a cult following.

Before the Game was one of the best recent shows, Marngrook is good and I like Friday Front Bar.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Fox had a show Footy Classics this arvo.  They showed 2010 North v Collingwood game.  Collingwood won by lots.

How could b this be considered classic?

Reply #9
World of Sport was a crack up but there were so many good footy shows before the broadcast agreements.

League Teams with Bob Dyer, Lou Richards and Bobby Davis had a cult following.

Before the Game was one of the best recent shows, Marngrook is good and I like Friday Front Bar.
to right DJC , lived for that in country Vic in the 70's , loved the goofy stuff , loved the great characters RIP Jack, Bob, Jim, Bruce etc found a DVD ages ago a highlights thing was pretty cool great memories