Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 113289 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #885
It’s the ability to watch on your big screen that works for me, I’d never bother watching footy on my Mobi, I do use my iPad at times, but I’m much more likely to watch on the tv.
Fair enough, personally Im happy to watch them on the Mac.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #886
About time.

You can watch little league baseball on ESPN.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #887
For those of you who spent more than a few moments wondering whether the Congress would be shocked into action by the Uvalde school shooting, you now have your answer. A Republican congressman from NY made the apparently outrageous comment that he’d vote to ban the AR-15 if a Bill came to the floor for a vote. He has received such an intense backlash from fellow Republicans that he has now withdrawn from seeking re-election in November. Most of the Republicans who had endorsed him have withdrawn their endorsements and those he had anticipated have evaporated.

Republican Congressman Quits Race After Backlash Over His Gun Stance, HuffPost.

In the House of Representatives, members have to seek re-election every 2 years. Almost as soon as they’re elected, they have to gear up for yet another primary and congressional election. If they do nothing controversial, they might be lucky and win their primaries unopposed, saving them a lot of time and money. Do anything courageous and they’ll be fighting to the death after being “primaried”. No wonder courage is in short supply but thoughts and prayers are plentiful.

Reply #888
For those of you who spent more than a few moments wondering whether the Congress would be shocked into action by the Uvalde school shooting, you now have your answer. A Republican congressman from NY made the apparently outrageous comment that he’d vote to ban the AR-15 if a Bill came to the floor for a vote. He has received such an intense backlash from fellow Republicans that he has now withdrawn from seeking re-election in November. Most of the Republicans who had endorsed him have withdrawn their endorsements and those he had anticipated have evaporated.

In the House of Representatives, members have to seek re-election every 2 years. Almost as soon as they’re elected, they have to gear up for yet another primary and congressional election. If they do nothing controversial, they might be lucky and win their primaries unopposed, saving them a lot of time and money. Do anything courageous and they’ll be fighting to the death after being “primaried”. No wonder courage is in short supply but thoughts and prayers are plentiful.

Yep, those prayers work a treat. ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #889

Im sorry but the nutter Politicians in the US need to suffer loss of loved ones at the hands of people with assault rifles,  every last one of them. I don't condense violence, especially gun violence but...you can work out the rest.
Maybe, just maybe, then they will act. They make me sick.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #890
Anybody else get the feeling Prince Louis might be a bit of a dick. ;D

Reply #891
Anybody else get the feeling Prince Louis might be a bit of a dick. ;D
Not very often you get to see Royal children being children, which I think is much better to see than the alternative.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #894
'bit of a dick'
 The meaning is metaphorical, and is distinct from being an "utter dick" a "complete dick" and variations of the same.

"Being a dick" (utter, complete, etc) is to have a tiny thread of logic to your words or actions, while completely missing the point, being socially autistic, probably causing offence and maybe causing physical harm to an innocent.

Being a "bit of a dick" is therefore to meet the above criteria, but to be too personally insignificant to really cause more than a flicker of annoyance or a moment of disdain. Something like being head-butted by an angry chicken.
Everyone agreed the traffic warden was being a bit of a dick for ticketing the ambulance as the paramedics gave first aid by the roadside.

Reply #896
This is heartbreaking to watch, tears streaming down my face listening to real stories about young innocent lives lost in Robb Elementary School in Uvalde Texas. ENOUGH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOw0XUyTQs
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #897
If you have ever had any doubt about some of the underlying motives in this transgender debate, take a look across the spectrum of commentary in the follow up to Fina's decision.

Even people like Mouncey and Jenner are diametrically opposed, Mouncey is calling it an outrage, Jenner is basically saying it's overdue!

I think it just exposes that the process has more to do with politics, economics and income than personal preferences, it feels like many of the loudest voices do not want to play sport, they want to make money!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #898
Kieran Perkins made a big issue of the minority aspect of transgender athletes. But if I had a daughter in elite sport I'd be pretty unhappy if Kieran put on a frock to join with the minority, and then swim against and defeat my daughter who had spent years trying to get to the pinnacle of female sport.

It's not about the head counts, it's about letting a tank into a rifle range, sure there might only be 1 tank but that won't help 1000 rifles compete on a level playing field!

Despite the various denials and discussions about the small number of individuals, it's a bit of a thin edge argument. I think Sterling Archer has a saying that is somewhat applicable to this debate, "Just the tip!"

There is an asymmetry to this debate that most are conveniently ignoring, Caitlyn Kenner's honesty is refreshing, at least she admits it's not an even playing field.

Sooner or later the politically correct are going to let a wolf into the sheep pen, and that wolf will become a world dominance that the girls just cannot compete with, it's will be worth million$ and yes people will do this just for the power and money!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #899
Simple. 

In the name of equality, lets take gender out of sports and open each competition to all genders rather than specify man/woman.

May the best man win.

;)
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson