Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 12 2022 We have the Bye! (Read 2727 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 12 2022 We have the Bye!

Reply #15
As soon as the byes come into play, I take little interest in the ladder as we'll probably gain a position without even playing.

Reply #16
Didn't matter where we are now, only at the end of the season.

Reply #17
Didn't matter where we are now, only at the end of the season.

I don't think it's a matter of either/or, K... both are important. To be 8/3 at the half way mark should be acknowledged as strong improvement. Naturally it is no guarantee of where we'll be at season's end, which is also very important, but as a position of strength it is an excellent place to find ourselves at this point.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
I don't think it's a matter of either/or, K... both are important. To be 8/3 at the half way mark should be acknowledged as strong improvement. Naturally it is no guarantee of where we'll be at season's end, which is also very important, but as a position of strength it is an excellent place to find ourselves at this point.
I'm not saying you can't be excited about it, just ultimately, it doesn't matter.

If we go 0-11 from here, the 8-3 won't mean squat.

Reply #19
Only in our dreams can we win all the close ones. A sharper angle on JSOS’s kick or the umps paying the 2 frees that were there in the dying seconds would have kept our unlikely run going, but we’ve won more than our fair share nevertheless.

Reply #20
On the other hand, only in our nightmares could we have imagined the injuries we’ve suffered so far. Usually, a team that makes a run at the 8 after years in the wilderness does so on the back of a charmed run with injuries. Not us.

It’s as though a supernatural being is playing Jenga with our team to see how many we can lose before we collapse. And the supernatural being knows a bit about footy: first s/he messes around with taking out our 5 mids piece by piece, then took out the Gov and OMac, then took out our bollocking 1st ruck, then the Coleman Medal leader, and finally completed the job on the backline by taking out Weitering.

Reply #21
We've won as many games to this point as we won in all of 2021.
So even if we lose all the games for the rest of the year....we can at least say we haven't gone backwards in 2022 ;)  ;D

Reply #22
Considering that Sydney have defeated Richmond and Melbourne in the last couple of weeks makes our win against them look so much better.
The question for us is, can we get enough of the people on the field to continue doing that? Especially Weitering. Sam Durdin is filling in some mighty big boots!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
Has the Melbourne halo slipped a bit? 

Reply #24
I'm wondering if this is the kind of year where maybe you could pinch a flag,  but we're going to need our best players on the park and that's extremely unlikely.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
I'm wondering if this is the kind of year where maybe you could pinch a flag,  but we're going to need our best players on the park and that's extremely unlikely.

Reckon it's wide open, Professory. As usual, it'll come down to the side with the healthiest list come finals time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #26
Sydney play with incredible belief  and faith in their system and players. I have the feeling we are developing in the same way. We obviously need to get back to our best 22 asap but I'm sure players coming in will be well aware of what is expected.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
definitely.   Last year was one of those years too.  Melbourne conceded 5 consecutive goals in the grand final...  😄
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #28
Has the Melbourne halo slipped a bit? 
Hunger slipped a bit and it got easy, couple of injuries to players who are important and you come back to the field.
They haven't been smashed so for me with their full crew they are still clear favorites.

Reply #29
On the plus side for the Dees, they’ve been beaten by top 4 aspirants rather than crap teams.

On the minus side for the Dees, they’ve been beaten by top 4 aspirants rather than crap teams.

Maybe Carlton losing to crap teams inSydney and the Saints in 1995 was the better way to go as we dominated all our rivals and maintained our mystique of invincibility.