Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 12 2022 We have the Bye! (Read 2726 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 12 2022 We have the Bye!

Reply #30
Next four rounds will be huge for the club - Essendon + Richmond + Freo + Saints.

Reply #32
All depends on how desperate we are to work the game over the line. This will be character building considering we are all over the place covering keys roles. The next 4 games will set us up or see us slowly slipping. The gap between top of the ladder and the next 7 at the moment isn’t as large as I thought it would be a few games ago.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #33
Hunger slipped a bit and it got easy, couple of injuries to players who are important and you come back to the field.
They haven't been smashed so for me with their full crew they are still clear favorites.

You would have expected them to win on the back of Gawn's performance.  Perhaps they have a few players expecting that others will get the job done.

I imagine that Goodwin will be all over any compacency and, with May back, they'll be back to their best.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
Did the Hawthorn coaching staff not watch our game? In the last, they let Sidebottom run around unopposed and he basically did what he liked. In a close game on a wet day, get back to basics. That cost them the game IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
Did the Hawthorn coaching staff not watch our game? In the last, they let Sidebottom run around unopposed and he basically did what he liked. In a close game on a wet day, get back to basics. That cost them the game IMO.
Thought the kid Henry did what he did to us and in the previous game before us where he kicked four, one of those inbetween height players who can take pack marks and play taller. CJ had a shocker on him in the last quarter.
Agree on Sidebottom......like the kid Newcombe for Hawthorn, they got a bargain with a kid that readymade and tough.

Reply #36
I get the feeling the Filth are allowing Sidebottom to hang back, and by hanging back he's being left unattended as the least threatening option, but the problem is he is the most reliable.

Club's would be better off forcing the Filth to target one of the kids on the rebound and keep Sidebottom locked down even if Sidebottom drags someone away and stays wide of play. At least when the ball is in some kids hand they are 50/50 in decision making and ball use, they'll make more mistakes than Sidebottom.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Has the Melbourne halo slipped a bit?

In 1995 we lost 2 in a row to bottom teams I think, then went 16 - 0 to win the flag. Think Melbourne will come back and not look back again. I would think they need the losses to pull their heads in a bit and not get to ahead of themselves.

Reply #38
In 1995 we lost 2 in a row to bottom teams I think, then went 16 - 0 to win the flag. Think Melbourne will come back and not look back again. I would think they need the losses to pull their heads in a bit and not get to ahead of themselves.

I think they have problems.  Their forward line is not exactly great.  If one of Petracca/Gawn/Oliver were to go down, they would be right back in the pack with the rest of us.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #39
not sure if this is the appropriate place, or maybe in Voss objectives.  Since the bye round came in, we seem to have experienced a long period where winning post the bye has been a bit of an issue for us unless I am mistaken?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
not sure if this is the appropriate place, or maybe in Voss objectives.  Since the bye round came in, we seem to have experienced a long period where winning post the bye has been a bit of an issue for us unless I am mistaken?

Winning before the bye has been an issue for us too!

I think that it’s safe to assume that issues that afflicted our club in the last decade or so are now irrelevant 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #41
If we don't win after the bye agains the Cheats, I will spew up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #43
If we lose, we won't be playing finals.
I think its a 50-50.

We are ripe for the picking. Will be forced to play a bloke who wasn't even on a list a week ago and expect him to fill the shoes of someone who was odds on for AA before the injury.
At the same time, missing our reigning coleman medalist, our #1 ruck and a handful of other players who would make our life better.

FWIW, this will have no bearing on finals. Injuries will.

Reply #44
 I think with our injuries we have to win this one as the following games are much more difficult.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!