Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 138114 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #315
Not sure how close you were watching but Rioli's defensive pressure is off the chart.

Eddie was excellent at keeping the ball in as well. Eddie has been running people down inside the forward 50 for a decade.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #316
Eddie was excellent at keeping the ball in as well. Eddie has been running people down inside the forward 50 for a decade.

Eddie could make a goal out of  a nothing play....Tutt, Ellard etc are struggling to make a goal out of a joe the goose play...

Reply #317
Not sure how close you were watching but Rioli's defensive pressure is off the chart.

I think his game evolved (or devolved, depending on your POV) to the point where his defensive work is superior to his offensive work, and I think the latter has suffered as a result. 

I do wonder whether Rioli is a little on the outer at the Dawks, and whether he will be the next "buy low, sell high" player to be traded. It is my contention that Poopy-Lo does what Rioli does, less skillfully, but certainly cheaper and arguably better.

Reply #318
Betts had good defensive pressure but Rioli is much quicker and lays a better tackle. Garlett actually was our best for inside 50 pressure acts.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #319
Eddie could make a goal out of  a nothing play....Tutt, Ellard etc are struggling to make a goal out of a joe the goose play...

True.

Also, how often did we see Eddie as our leading option? Probably too many, but he was still a go to man. I used to laugh when people said he didn't do enough as half the time he was leading from the goal area with two 196cm defenders on his hammer. They almost always caught him because the ball was bombed on his head.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #321
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/carlton-captain-marc-murphy-aims-for-next-afl-flag-20150424-1ms9sg.html

Marc Murphy says his Carlton teammates don't concern themselves with notions of rebuilding, and betrayed that he thinks any restoration of the Blues' list can be done rapidly by saying he wants to be the club's next premiership captain.

Might not be reading the tea-leaves at the moment.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #322
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/carlton-captain-marc-murphy-aims-for-next-afl-flag-20150424-1ms9sg.html

Might not be reading the tea-leaves at the moment.

The first part of that sentence doesn't make any sense at all. ???

Marc Murphy says his Carlton teammates don't concern themselves with notions of rebuilding, and betrayed that he thinks any restoration of the Blues' list can be done rapidly by saying he wants to be the club's next premiership captain.

Some would argue the second part doesn't either ;) :D

Reply #323
The first part of that sentence doesn't make any sense at all. ???

Some would argue the second part doesn't either ;) :D

It is very badly worded. I think he is saying that the players don't appreciate the inference that there needs to be a major rebuild i.e that most of them could be out on their ear in the next season or two. Rather that the list needs some fine tuning and topping up. States his desire to be the next CFC premiership captain, which given his age, means he would like to think we can jag No17 in the next 4-5 years.

Believe it or not.

Reply #324
It is very badly worded. I think he is saying that the players don't appreciate the inference that there needs to be a major rebuild i.e that most of them could be out on their ear in the next season or two. Rather that the list needs some fine tuning and topping up. States his desire to be the next CFC premiership captain, which given his age, means he would like to think we can jag No17 in the next 4-5 years.

Believe it or not.
Yeah easy....oh look, a pink pig just flew by my window.

Reply #325
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #326
Sad really that our captain speaks and we all laugh.

Reply #327
Either I'm drunk or the guy who wrote this was. WTF?

Reply #328
Interesting observation from Wayne Carey tonight.  He said that Richmond and Carlton supporters were noteworthy for the way in which they unfairly blame Cotchin and Murphy when the team performs poorly.

I'm not that familiar with Cotchin's treatment by Richmond supporters but I reckon Carey has a point when it comes to Murphy.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #329
Interesting observation from Wayne Carey tonight.  He said that Richmond and Carlton supporters were noteworthy for the way in which they unfairly blame Cotchin and Murphy when the team performs poorly.

I'm not that familiar with Cotchin's treatment by Richmond supporters but I reckon Carey has a point when it comes to Murphy.

I'd agree with that.....I think Hodge and Selwood in particular have set the bar very high for inspirational captains and both Cotchin and Murphy are judged against that level of player/captain...