Skip to main content
Topic: Women's League (Read 31700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Women's League

Reply #30
Well done, CFC. Personally, I think it is great.

Any truth in the rumour that the girls have approached Everitt? ;-)

Why are people so unkind?  ;)

Good news for footy though and a great way to grow the game.

It's a pity Geelong didn't win a spot but I guess you can't go past Melbourne and Footscray with their pioneering work.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #31
I think we are treading a fine line here about being slightly mysoginistic with these comments.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
I am so rapt with this announcement.
I'll back the Women's team 100% just like I do the Northern Blues.
Some of the comments on here are pretty dumb. We need to get around this guys. Its a part of our future, and a massive shift in our culture to be a lot more inclusive of women.

Reply #33
I am so rapt with this announcement.
I'll back the Women's team 100% just like I do the Northern Blues.
Some of the comments on here are pretty dumb. We need to get around this guys. Its a part of our future, and a massive shift in our culture to be a lot more inclusive of women.

Well said.

This tells me that our club is back pioneering and initiating rather than the 'short cut/opportunistic/quick fix' thinking that existed for way, way too long. When such a culture prevails how could we not be one of the pioneers and forward thinkers at the forefront of creating an AFL women's league? Again, well done CFC.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #34
Congrats on the club and the whole concept really. Plenty of other women's sports that are way more uninteresting to watch than this (Tennis is no.1 in my book). Look forward to catching a couple of games during the off-season. Also gives parents who only have girls in the family the chance to watch their kids play at the highest level.

Reply #35
New times, new thoughts, new team... NEW CLUB

But as always...

Go Blues!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #36
The ignorance from some is mind numbing.

Even if you don't want to watch, womens footy is a boost for footy participation and popularity. Mums and dads taking their kids of both genders to Sat and sunday football.

State league and even amateur clubs getting affiliated sides.

Terrific for Carlton to get involved and terrific for our fan base.

Well done to all involved and the rest of you can ....................
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #37

Even if you don't want to watch, womens footy is a boost for footy participation and popularity. Mums and dads taking their kids of both genders to Sat and sunday football.

I was going to respond, but just shook my head anyway.

It is great for the club, for membership and the brand.

Hope our Girls can bring some success to the club!!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #38
I was going to respond, but just shook my head anyway.

It is great for the club, for membership and the brand.

Hope our Girls can bring some success to the club!!

^^ This  :D
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #39
FWIW this is how we are going to get our stadium converted into an AFL one again.

Start the grants going to make it a boutique stadium for Women's football.

I can see the grants and approvals already.

Its funny how you can kill two birds with one stone at times.  the goal should be to do it for both.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40

We have all heard about mums not letting their boys play footy because it's too rough.  Mums who have played footy will be encouraging their boys AND girls to play.

It is great for the club that we are in at the start of one of the big positive changes in footy.  I'm sure there will be issues but the potential benefits are huge.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #41
Absolutely stoked that CarltonFC is on board.

As a proud dad of one of the women who plays footy, I can tell you that she, all her teammates, their junior teams, their opponents, etc... are thrilled that their is a pathway into the elite level of this great game for them.

I'll also say that if things don't fall her way at the doggies I'll try my best to get into a CFC jumper for next year.

For those doubting the credentials of women footballers take a look a some of the highlight packages about the place and that will be the level that you would see you' week in week out and it will only improve as the talent/development pathways get bigger & better in the years to come.

Will they fill the 'G or Etihad with spectators probably not early days but given time they'll get decent crowds as the product on display develops.
Much like the GWS is doing now.

Talented sportswomen playing our great game. Whats not to like. And more importantly the NAVY will be front and centre.

Reply #43
I think its great.  I used to hate watching women's cricket, but the standard is getting much better and don't mind having it on now.  I haven't seen any women's footy, but look forward to its development and growth.

It is great to be a 'founder club'.

Reply #44
Let's not forget that many females might well prefer to watch women play rather than men.  They make up the majority of the population.  Does it really matter whether blokes turn out to watch it?

Also remember the Women's league is about giving females a chance to play at an elite level and that encourages grassroots participation by girls.