Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 114679 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #361
Hope Port winning isnt the last of the surprise wins.....you always get one outsider get up but we have had two today......odds just against us tomorrow if you were a betting man and playing the percentages...

Your right i cant see the outsider (richmond) getting up in our game either.

Why are we the outsider again?

Is it the fact that we are playing our fourth finals series in five years vs the Tigers first since prior to 2000?

Or is it the fact that in our last 11 matches they have beaten us once and it was our first game under our brand new coach?

I reckon the market has got it wrong and we shouldnt be outsiders to be honest.

4 more wins during the season, 16 or so better percentage.

They are the better performed side over the season. They deserve to go in as favourites but we perform well against them, it's their first final in a while - that gives us a shot.

Reply #363
So the day is here!. Can't wait to hop in the car and head to the "g". Heart says we can win, head says rich have been the better side all year and finals have a way of sorting out the men from the boys. Here's hoping the head doesn't no s#*t. Finally here's hoping for a late change, we are definitely 1 defender short atm
Eat more chooks

Reply #364
Pick up HS and 2 double pages of richmond and one very long dribble article about Daniel Jackson..  We get a little snippet about if Judd is playing or not..

Time to shut all these people up.. Game day lets go blues.

Reply #365
So the day is here!. Can't wait to hop in the car and head to the "g". Heart says we can win, head says rich have been the better side all year and finals have a way of sorting out the men from the boys. Here's hoping the head doesn't no s#*t. Finally here's hoping for a late change, we are definitely 1 defender short atm

I woke up feeling very good about this one! We can definitely get across the line IMO!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #366
I reckon Jeffy Garlett will play a big game today, I remember back in 2011 he was down on form coming into the finals but stepped it up a notch against the scum. I guess he now has 4 games finals experience and knows what's required. This is the edge we have on the Tiges. Fingers crossed it's enough.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #367
Dont want to get exitied and predict a win.  When I do it ultimately ends in tears.

Reply #368
If nothing else, we can say that our 2013 season lasted at least one day longer than Collingwood's !
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #369
Win today then it's Sydney, Freo and da da dada dada :o
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #371
We have far more guns than the Tigers.

We just need a few to fire today and we'll get home.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #372
At the corner having a beer with some Richmond mates, good feeling in the air on a beautiful melbourne day! Plenty of tiger support out 10 to 1 blues it feels like.
Go Blues!

Reply #373
Reckon Richmond willl be nervous for at least the first half of the opening quarter .... and if we jump out of the stalls, we could create some real havoc by 1/4 time.

I don't doubt we'll win, but that's predicated on an even contribution and breaking out thru the corridoors when those opportunities present.  They'll come hard at us at some stage, so I'm praying we have enough resolve and "trust in team mates" to hold them out.

Should be a good game.

Reply #374
We have far more guns than the Tigers.

We just need a few to fire today and we'll get home.

Agree. If Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Yarran, Garlett, Waite, Hendo, Betts, Tuohy, Jamo and co all stand up we have to be in with a HUGE chance. It just depends on which Carlton shows up, Jeckyll or Hyde?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!