Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday) (Read 21928 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday)

Reply #15
Good rains over the bushfire effected areas so that should calm any concerns about Monday's game being potentially rescheduled.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
Bolton suggesting Fas may play a VFL game instead.....interesting!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
Bolton suggesting Fas may play a VFL game instead.....interesting!

Perhaps this makes sense, especially if they think he's not genuinely a chance to be ready for Rnd 1.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Perhaps this makes sense, especially if they think he's not genuinely a chance to be ready for Rnd 1.

When he broke his arm and the circumstances around that incident I think that ruled him out of round 1 ...
Honest Indians like Polsen, Gibbons, Cuningham are going to be preferred initially IMO....
Fasalo will need to prove himself in the NB's and earn his way into the team which is the way it should be..

Reply #19
When he broke his arm and the circumstances around that incident I think that ruled him out of round 1 ...
Honest Indians like Polsen, Gibbons, Cuningham are going to be preferred initially IMO....
Fasalo will need to prove himself in the NB's and earn his way into the team which is the way it should be..
Agree with this 100% EB, that's the way it should be

Reply #22
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-07/new-blues-named-for-jlt-2

Fas and Stocker + Levi, Paddy Kerr and LOB added to the 300 man squad....

That's a huge squad, 276 to cut before Monday. Just jokes, FB,  ;) :) Seriously though, I do hope that Fas gets a gig. If we intend to have him play R1 he should have a serious hit out before hand.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
That's a huge squad, 276 to cut before Monday. Just jokes, FB,  ;) :) Seriously though, I do hope that Fas gets a gig. If we intend to have him play R1 he should have a serious hit out before hand.
Happy to give him a go but he needs to light it up to convince me to play him round 1
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
Personally I'd rather see what Kerr and O'Brien can offer, Fasolo needs to prove his worth through the NBs

Reply #25
Personally I'd rather see what Kerr and O'Brien can offer, Fasolo needs to prove his worth through the NBs

Fas for me!  I know what Kerr and O'Brien can offer ... and neither of them are pushing for a small forward spot.

I wouldn't mind Kerr getting a run before Levi but, bearing in mind Bolton's comments, Stocker may have to do a bit more work before he earns a spot.  It would be good to see him competing at the top level though.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #26
Happy to give him a go but he needs to light it up to convince me to play him round 1

Exactamundo!

He must play - if he shines and kicks a few (say 3 or more) = hello Tigers.

Anything less, hello Bullants.

A forward six of Charlie Harry, the Guv, Gibbons, Cuners and Fas - I like it.

Of course Gibbons and Cuners can (and should) roll through the middle too....just as Crippa, Fish and others can rest forward.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
No Kennedy? Which suggests his shoulder has been injured  :-\
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #28

You don't get 100 games at afl level without having a bit of ability and having proven it.

Let's not forget he spent most of those games playing for a finals side.

Pre season stuff give him a go and see how he plays with his teammates.

He has more scope to surprise than anyone else, and we desperately need competition for small forwards.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #29

Assuming they are fit I wouldn't be surprised to see all the alternatives getting a run Monday.
The Force Awakens!