Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday) (Read 22218 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday)

Reply #45
 Getting smashed.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #46
Looks like we are still miles off the pace sadly :(

Reply #47
I know we're building a great young midfield list but geez when you look at the Pies'  midfield, we're still a fair way off the mark:

Sidebottom
Treloar
Pendlebury
Adams
Beams

Then throw in the likes of Varcoe, Stephenson, Phillips, Thomas, Langdon etc...and with arguably one of the best ruckmen in the game, Grundy, it's hard to see them not finishing in the top 3 or 4 this year. They bring in Beams and effectively get a new player in Elliott, and from last year's GF also bring back Dunn, Howe, Scharenburg etc as defenders.

Reply #48
Anyone know the game plan, or if you do, do you understand it?
Looks like the same crappola to me.

Reply #49
Simpson having a shocker.

Going to struggle this year without his free disposals he used to get at the kick ins.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
Anyone know the game plan, or if you do, do you understand it?
Looks like the same crappola to me.
Looks like last year.

Anyway, it's a JLT game so won't conclusively judge things yet but everythings seems the same.

Reply #51
I know we're building a great young midfield list but geez when you look at the Pies'  midfield, we're still a fair way off the mark:

Sidebottom
Treloar
Pendlebury
Adams
Beams

Then throw in the likes of Varcoe, Stephenson, Phillips, Thomas, Langdon etc...and with arguably one of the best ruckmen in the game, Grundy, it's hard to see them not finishing in the top 3 or 4 this year. They bring in Beams and effectively get a new player in Elliott, and from last year's GF also bring back Dunn, Howe, Scharenburg etc as defenders.
All good players for sure, but the amount of space we give them to run free is terrible. Our zone hasnt improved, we just stand in space and watch the opposition work through it.

In comparison when we get the ball we still just kick 40m down the line and hope to win a contest.

Reply #52
We are being put under a huge amount of pressure in our defensive zone by a very talented midfield and are struggling to move it forward.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
I am sure we will put in a more professional performance against Richmond in round 1, and it's still early in this practice hit out, which is effectively what it is.

However, I still cannot see a plan in effect for the kick outs when a behind is scored, and all they are doing when they kick into the forward line is hope that one of our tall's marks it.

We are still one dimensional.

I just hope that this is not another wasted year, which is masked as a continuation of the re-build.

Reply #54
Bolton's feedback was positive in the huddle. Used examples well.

Reply #55
And we’re now ahead thanks to two quick goals from cunners and harry

Reply #56
We're winning!

Reply #57
Loving the work from Phillips. No champion, but a good honest performer.

We will need him this year.

Reply #58
Thanks Barbs...not currently watching it but just the possession stats in the first quarter would suggest their mids are killing us?

Cunningham has secured his spot for round 1 for sure as a forward with possible stints in the midfield with his pace.

Reply #59
Bolton's feedback was positive in the huddle. Used examples well.

All good, but I would have liked him to have told Setters that when he marks it 43 metres out from goal, go back and take the shot. I hope he did, but they didn't play it.
I fail to see why blokes who can kick 50-60 metres as Setterfield can, don't settle and go back and shoot for goal.

It's play on mania.