Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday) (Read 21930 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday)

Reply #1
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/fasolo-fit-to-play-but-will-the-blues-pick-him-to-face-the-pies-20190304-p511l0.html

The bloke should play - JLT about trialling as many as possible especially the newcomers.

Fas wasn't picked up to play 2s.....

Agree he'd have to play, but who does he replace? Ed? SOJ? Polson?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
I'd be resting Fish and Cripps. They have played AFLX and JLT 1. Freshen them up and aim for having everyone cherry ripe for rnd 1.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
I'd be resting Fish and Cripps. They have played AFLX and JLT 1. Freshen them up and aim for having everyone cherry ripe for rnd 1.

They played AFLX, but the rest played a practice match against hawks....which was probably more taxing. ;)

Reply #4
They played AFLX, but the rest played a practice match against hawks....which was probably more taxing. ;)

Play the 22 or so most likely to play rD 1.

Matty K too if ready!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Does anyone know where this game is being played?
L

Reply #7
Agree he'd have to play, but who does he replace? Ed? SOJ? Polson?

Polson would be the most logical choice. Least value add of the three.

Reply #8
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/fasolo-fit-to-play-but-will-the-blues-pick-him-to-face-the-pies-20190304-p511l0.html

The bloke should play - JLT about trialling as many as possible especially the newcomers.

Fas wasn't picked up to play 2s.....

Agree if he’s ready Fasolo must play , Akex will add much needed experience to the forward line invaluable to a young side.

Reply #9
It's a no-branier. Of course we should play Faz. It's the last opportunity to see how he's going before the real stuff starts.

Reply #10
Does anyone know where this game is being played?
Morwell
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
I realize it's still almost a week away but I wouldn't be surprised to find the game moved if they fail to get that nearby fire under control. The authorities won't want non-regulars or non-residents traveling into those areas.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
I realize it's still almost a week away but I wouldn't be surprised to find the game moved if they fail to get that nearby fire under control. The authorities won't want non-regulars or non-residents traveling into those areas.

At the moment the out-of-control fires are up around Maffra and Crooked River, well east of Morwell. However if the SE change late today/tomorrow is strong enough it could fan fires around Yinnar South would send them toward Morwell East/Churchill/Traralgon. But with rain also forecast for the area you'd think it unlikely they'd move the game.

At this stage we're planning to head to the game. Anyone else thinking of going? Reckon Chalky might be a chance.

Reply #13
Also, with what the local community has been through it'd be a shot in the arm for the game to go ahead (provided there is absolutely no risk to players etc). But with the Princess Hwy reopened early this morning and Vline back on the go, things are looking good.