Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday) (Read 22359 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday)

Reply #90
We still have absolutely no clue whatsoever about getting the ball into our F50 properly. No different to last year. We have some excellent players but no plan. No point having good players if the system is crap.

It is JLT so I will wait for the season proper. Things may change when the real stuff starts but not holding my breath.

Reply #91
Rather have O’Shea kick to a forward 50 lead then polson.

Charlie had prime positions on 2 occasions in this 3rd quarter on Moore and both times polson had time yet rushed the kick and kicked to Moores advantage.

Luckily one he shanks straight to Moore who dropped an easy mark and ball spilled out the back and charlie got a cheap one - the other was yet another ill directed pass that was intercepted. If we are to improve his position needs to be replaced by a afl standard footballer.

Been disappointed with McGovern too. Ball coming in hasn’t been great but he has given us nothing.

Murphy too given us SFA.

Reply #92
Top 10 ranked players are pies.

17 of the top 19 are pies.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #93
SPS been very good. Weitering been solid. Harry is getting better and is a great finisher.
Pies are likely top 2 team who are close to full strength so was always going to be a tough match.
Good signs with many of the kids.

Reply #94
Stoker is there right? Any chance the garden gnome is going to give him a run?

Reply #95
Agree Shawny.....Pies within a bee's dick of the flag last year and fielding a pretty strong team and we were last by the length of the straight last year....with so many new blokes (Newman, Walsh, Setterfield, McGovern, Gibbons etc) it's going to take a bit of time.

Reply #96
Rankine would have kicked it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #97
Blew some late chances but a respectable showing. How big would it have been if Walsh kicked that last one though!

Still a lot to work on across the ground.

Reply #98
Pretty harsh on McKay.
He’s 6’9” ffs and 21
Playing different roles and worked pretty hard

Charlie needs to get up the ground a lot more and get involved in general play. Could use some time at CHB and on the ball to help develop his game

Dow, SPS, Cunningham, Setters all need time
It will take another 2 years

Reply #99
Why not play Stoker for a half yesterday and then take him up as the ‘emergency’ today?? As it worked out today, a guy who is in need of a run, gets SFA. Doesn’t make sense..

Reply #100

Reply #101
We still have absolutely no clue whatsoever about getting the ball into our F50 properly. No different to last year. We have some excellent players but no plan. No point having good players if the system is crap.

It is JLT so I will wait for the season proper. Things may change when the real stuff starts but not holding my breath.

Naturally, after I say all that we come good...lol.

Should've won in the end, not that it matters.

Reply #102
I didn’t get to see the game, so I have to go on what two supporters commented on the game. A Pies supporter and a Blues supporter. Both agree the Pies had a stronger squad on paper. Both expected us to lose by 4 to 6 goals. Both feel we have heaps to work on. Both agree we have definitely more to work with this season than we have had for a while. If we had played better in the third quarter we would have won the game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #103
I didn’t get to see the game, so I have to go on what two supporters commented on the game. A Pies supporter and a Blues supporter. Both agree the Pies had a stronger squad on paper. Both expected us to lose by 4 to 6 goals. Both feel we have heaps to work on. Both agree we have definitely more to work with this season than we have had for a while. If we had played better in the third quarter we would have won the game.

let's not forget we kicked 4.7 in the last....

5.6 or 6.5 or better wins it.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #104
Will be interesting to see the Rd 1 team - sounds like neither Polson nor Garlett did much today?

Finals, then 4 in a row!