Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Perspiration: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 6422 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Perspiration: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #60
They are make the most of their chances we are trying our arses off but just lack the last poise to finish it. Not that far off.

I agree. The boys have given a good account of themselves thus far. If Harry had more composure and kicked those 2 goals where he rushed it, we'd be in the lead. Hopefully we don't get blown away in the last.

Reply #61
Still a bloody stupid choice krud ....

I never thought we'd get a hiding, so that (if we don't get up in Q4) is one meritorious start to 2021.  If Betts and Williams had been out there ... sigh

Reply #62
I expect the tigers to get a rev up and smack us from here.

I expect us to tire and make stupid decisions due to fatigue.

I expect this to be a 'close, but not good enough' game that we seem to have against the tigers every year.

I'd like to see something different.

I'd like to see LOB win us the game. Don't think he's had a touch since half time, at most 1.
I'd like to see Harry take a mark. Stop. Go back and kick a drop punt at goal!
I'd like to see SPS play hard, uncompromising footy and kick 50m to our advantage, not short kicks, that fall short.
I'd like to see to see us get a few 50-50 free kicks go our way.
I'd like to see a win.
Dreamer
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #64
Not sure when Silvagni hurt himself but well before he was subbed off he was heading back towards goal and I thought his arm looked to be hanging strange. If he did that run and chase after being injured it was even more impressive. Showed a bit of toe we don't normally see from him.

Reply #65
Not sure when Silvagni hurt himself but well before he was subbed off he was heading back towards goal and I thought his arm looked to be hanging strange. If he did that run and chase after being injured it was even more impressive. Showed a bit of toe we don't normally see from him.

Whatever other faults he may have, he is above all else a pure footballer.

Reply #66
Commentators say it was in the tackle that he did it.

Reply #68
Am i negative if i point out LOBs fumbling the mark?
Am i negative if i point out his kick went right over our head and to the opposition?
Am i negative if i point out it went STRAIGHT down the other end and through the big sticks?

Shat himself.
F***ed the kick.
Way too common.

Reply #69
LOB again.  Geez ...

Reply #70
I agree. The boys have given a good account of themselves thus far. If Harry had more composure and kicked those 2 goals where he rushed it, we'd be in the lead. Hopefully we don't get blown away in the last.
Is the club coaching him?  Is he listening?  He rushes. I have said numerous times he needs a routine, ala Fev. Go back deliberately to kick it straight.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #72
Is the club coaching him?  Is he listening?  He rushes. I have said numerous times he needs a routine, ala Fev. Go back deliberately to kick it straight.
He's lost confidence in his kicking since he did his groin a couple years ago.

Ever since then, he snaps 50% of his shots on goal rather than drop punt.

Reply #73
Super Sub again.

Reply #74
Walsh clotheslined....no free. ::)