Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 2973 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 19 Green Shoot of the Week

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face?

Ouch! Not an easy one this week!

Harry's 2nd goal?

Re: Round 19 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #1
Samo.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Charlie growing before our eyes!

Reply #3
Charlie is a green shoot the height of a redwood!

Reply #4
Charlie is exempt..no longer a green shoot......one of our best players already and probably with more upside than most in the comp...

I'll go Harry this week...that sidestep and curling goal showed he has some nous and is more than just a 204cm stiff who can mark the footy....

Reply #5
Charlie is exempt..no longer a green shoot......one of our best players already and probably with more upside than most in the comp...

I'll go Harry this week...that sidestep and curling goal showed he has some nous and is more than just a 204cm stiff who can mark the footy....

Harry is the complete package as a KPP imo....needs to work on goal kicking process ie consistency but so then does every other Carlton forward - Matty W. excepted.

No reason he won't be every inch as good as that Daniher bloke.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Samo picking off Selwood on the fringes of a ruck contest was easily my green shoot.  Loved the F you attitude.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7
Levi's goalkicking accuracy.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8

I was impressed by Harry's move too. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
Samo picking off Selwood on the fringes of a ruck contest was easily my green shoot.  Loved the F you attitude.

I mentioned this in the post game thread and it's still the best moment of the game for me.

It was done with intent and must send a message to snipers like Selwood; "Mess with me, or my mates, and I WILL get you!"
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Harry and his two goals. He's a natural forward not a tall athlete who can be "taught" the position.

Reply #11
I mentioned this in the post game thread and it's still the best moment of the game for me.

It was done with intent and must send a message to snipers like Selwood; "Mess with me, or my mates, and I WILL get you!"
Certainly Geelong cannot complain about it. The first free of the game came from trying to snipe off the ball. Unfortunately they were few and far between thereafter, but the point was identified.

I can remember Liam Jones trying to return the favour on Dangermouse, whom he had recognized as pounding our kids earlier: pounded him into the dust as he tried to kick the ball across the field. Jones was a little late, but the umpires ignored it, as they had all of the others since the first couple of moments into the game. Dangermouse didn't like, but Jones did: Jones was making the same point as SPS did. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.
It was only a very short time later that Dangermouse pounded Kreuzer into the dust and concussed him. It was deliberate, no matter what he says. The creep deserves his penalty and then some. He had played that way from the earliest moments of the game. Nor was he alone. It was a deliberate tactic to me, as many Geelong players did the same thing. I am glad that only one of ours could not go on.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
@ crash
He had played that way from the earliest moments of the game. Nor was he alone. It was a deliberate tactic to me, as many Geelong players did the same thing. I am glad that only one of ours could not go on.

Evidently the pudding face doesn't concede anything wrong with the tactic. He says they won't change how they tackle. Maybe next time we line up against them, our blokes should be decked out with helmets ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
Pity none of the courageous reporters asked puddin how many players are concussed during training.