Skip to main content
Topic: CSC Upgrade (Read 14418 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CSC Upgrade

Reply #30
How does that "like" function work?  No undo, no redo?  That sure needs some explaining

Also no member status against some? (VFL / rookie etc etc etc)  Kruddler the "Ladies Lounge group"?

Reply #31
How does that "like" function work?  No undo, no redo?  That sure needs some explaining

Also no member status against some? (VFL / rookie etc etc etc)  Kruddler the "Ladies Lounge group"?

I think there is a bug in the Like function. I'm looking into it at present.

Not sure what you mean by Kruddler and Ladies Lounge?
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #32
If you go to the Community Recent Post link it's give you the summary of all threads.
https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?action=recent

This is correct. Instead of the scroll at the top of the site you'll see a "New Posts" link. This will show you all the posts since your last visit...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #33
If you go to the Community Recent Post link it's give you the summary of all threads.
https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?action=recent

This is correct. Instead of the scroll at the top of the site you'll see a "New Posts" link. This will show you all the posts since your last visit...

Found that, works well. Thanks Spanner.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Kruddler is listed as part of a ladies lounge group

Reply #35
Kruddler is listed as part of a ladies lounge group

That was on the old site too.

It is basically a clumsy way of calling me a mod of the Ladies Lounge.

Reply #36
It took a little bit of getting used to but great work spanner!  I'll upload an avatar eventually probably when I get back to work in the new year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
The Like feature should now be fixed. Can you guys please test it and get back to me if you have any issues.

You can Like a post only after you have contributed more than 1 post anywhere on the forum. After that, you can Like away as much as you like. If you've accidentally Liked a post, you can  click the Like again and that will remove the Like. Wow, so much of the word "like" in that previous sentence...

Hope that makes sense...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #38
Kinda weird. Miss the scrolling topics at the top right of the page, but still looks pretty neat. We'll see how it goes.

Reply #39
The Like feature should now be fixed. Can you guys please test it and get back to me if you have any issues.

You can Like a post only after you have contributed more than 1 post anywhere on the forum. After that, you can Like away as much as you like. If you've accidentally Liked a post, you can  click the Like again and that will remove the Like. Wow, so much of the word "like" in that previous sentence...

Hope that makes sense...

Confused ... why should you have to hit "like" twice to remove it?  It should be an additional "undo like" and for good measure, add in an "agree" tick icon.  Not as if the space to the left in that field doesn't exist.  My UAT background coming to the fore

Reply #40
Sorry Spanner, but when I go to any of the boards, no topics at all appear. The only ones I have access to are in the home page.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #41
Kinda weird. Miss the scrolling topics at the top right of the page, but still looks pretty neat. We'll see how it goes.

yeah - i'm still trying to work out how to keep engaged.  that scrolling feed with unread posts was my go to.  I dunno what to do now... 

Reply #42

yeah - i'm still trying to work out how to keep engaged.  that scrolling feed with unread posts was my go to.  I dunno what to do now... 

Personally, I found all that annoying and hid all those extra boxes.

The way I was able to stay up to date is to use the "recent posts" button. On this new site is the talking bubble icon - immediately to the right of the bell.

If you hit that every topic that has been posted in will show up. It will show up in order of most recently posted in. So it is basically the scroller, but stationary...and more topics so you will never miss a single one.

Every time you hit that button it will refresh that list with anything you've read, disappearing from it and any new posts pushing topics to the top of the list.

Much better imo.

Reply #43
Sorry Spanner, but when I go to any of the boards, no topics at all appear. The only ones I have access to are in the home page.

Hi Crash,

I'm not sure what you mean by this... Do you want me to setup a remote session so I can take a look at your screen?
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #44
Spanner, are you able to set up a scrolling last ten posts or t he like (last ten threads?). Quicker and easier to see what's going on! Merry Christmas. fb

x2..like that feature too.... and yep merry xmas  and thanks for all your expertise during the year.

Yup - my fav way to navigate!!!