Skip to main content
Topic: "The Blowtorch" (Blues In The News) (Read 18511 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "The Blowtorch" (Blues In The News)

Reply #30
Carltons motto in 2011 was : No Passengers"

In 2014...its like a cruise ship, should read " All Passengers"

"Meanwhile oblivious to icebergs that were forming on the horizon, Captain Malthouse was busy rearranging the deck chairs...." ;D

"...and before he left port he was also totally unaware of the ship's fundamental design flaws and the incompetence of some of its crew."

Nor were the crew aware of his incompetence......only one thing left. Mutiny.

Do they have the cohunes though?

I think they're letting their actions do the talking! :P

Showing none you mean?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
Hehe nice comeback.  8)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32
Well it looks like Kernahan has tempered expectations and the list will be managed this year.

With mock being the man to lead the club through that.

Excellent result given the circumstances

Reply #33
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-lament-pokie-kings-criticism-urge-all-club-members-to-stick-together-20140414-zqumf.html
Murphy’s leadership – and salary – has also been questioned, with Mathieson particularly scathing.

''I go through them all ... Murphy, bloody Gibbs, are they worth their money? They are getting Rolls-Royce money,'' Mathieson said.

sOMEONE NEEDS TOP ASK THE HARD QUESTIONS.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
Same could be said about the off field leadership of one club captain.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-lament-pokie-kings-criticism-urge-all-club-members-to-stick-together-20140414-zqumf.html
Murphy’s leadership – and salary – has also been questioned, with Mathieson particularly scathing.

''I go through them all ... Murphy, bloody Gibbs, are they worth their money? They are getting Rolls-Royce money,'' Mathieson said.

He can say things that people at the club ca't say.  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
Just watched footy feed and saw Murph talk about his leadership.

Murph ain't no leader!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #37
Just watched footy feed and saw Murph talk about his leadership.

Murph ain't no leader!

Give me back Murph the footballer and I'll be wrapped! Let him bow out of the leadership and get his mjnd back on being a great offensive mid. Simmo can captain until Hendo us read.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #38
Patrick Smith is 100% correct when he says we need a review of the club and it's operations.

got a letter out to the prez yesterday - couldn't help it
it was like therapy - it was immediate blueprint according to moi

Reply #39

Wow that is some seriously direct commentary by Mathieson. If that doesn't make them pull their finger out I don't know what will.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #40
Club legend Stephen Silvagni, who has barely been seen at the club for more than a decade, has been unofficially sounded out about returning to the Blues as list manager, however he remains contracted to Greater Western Sydney in that role.

What does that even mean? If we really think he's the man we need, bloody get him!! Crap comments like that just sound like  "yeah we're doing something about it blah FKN blah...just so long as we shut up the whinging supporters"
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #41
Just for the sake of it, I decided to look at our season thus far from a different perspective. Just playing with thoughts, here.

Too many blokes having an interrupted pre-season can only be problematic. Too many blokes not yet up to match fitness can only be problematic. Could it be as simple as that, that we're the most underdone mob in the competition?

We are still aware that our list is also problematic but at present we're not seeing their best for a very fundamental reason. Could it also be that the new fitness guru is preparing the side to be at its strongest and fittest by late in the season and blokes are still adjusting to his methodology?

Just wanted to step back and be coldly logical about it all and see what happens.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
@Baggers

Problem is none of that was offered up mid pre-season when all the reports coming out were that the list was flying and it was going to be hard to pick a team for round one as we were spoilt for riches. Now we get the truth about Judd and Kreuzer and we run out on the park looking unfit and soft.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #43
@Baggers

Problem is none of that was offered up mid pre-season when all the reports coming out were that the list was flying and it was going to be hard to pick a team for round one as we were spoilt for riches. Now we get the truth about Judd and Kreuzer and we run out on the park looking unfit and soft.

this is why there's a huge back lash
the marketing was deceptive, but the problem is the executive
were in on the con
you take money from 40k people, there's going to be heat
Stick phat eh? as he jumps ship
sticks means schettino in italian

Reply #44
Bruce Mathieson may be a billionaire pokies king and a Carlton powerbroker, but Carlton president Stephen Kernahan and captain Marc Murphy made it clear on Monday they were tired of his criticism of the club.

Amid the fallout of a winless start to the season, Mathieson has called for Kernahan and chief executive Greg Swann to immediately quit.

The Blues are clearly tired of Mathieson’s criticism and calls for administrative change, with Kernahan declaring it was ''slightly disappointing'', considering Mathieson had been kept abreast of the club’s plans.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-lament-pokie-kings-criticism-urge-all-club-members-to-stick-together-20140414-zqumf.html#ixzz2yqwPn3ws
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"