Skip to main content
Topic: Stand by Tuohy (Read 18442 times) previous topic - next topic

Stand by Tuohy

I have no idea why but this bloke Tuohy has something that can potentially unite, I find it intangible.

When you listen to him speak he just seems to say the right things!

I think Tuohy in conjunction with Simpson and and the other Irish compatriots might be the key to uniting our club.

They have a perception of durability, fight, endurance and defiance that others don't!

The don't have to become leaders, just a symbol of defiance, rebels even, highwaymen, bush rangers!

The concept feels right, even Daisey fits the bill!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Stand by Tuohy

Reply #1
Tuohy is another who has gone backwards this year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Been ordinary...Dunn smashed him in the Melbourne game and I would drop him.
Got carried away being superboot and kicking  50m goals and has forgotten how to defend...

Reply #3
To me it looks like his role has changed, last season he was tasked with pushing forward and breaking lines. It looks like this year he has turned stay at home defender, I presume because we have so many taggers it is just crazy!

I am not sure this is all MMs doing, note we have seen changes in roles of assistants as well. Although I concede MM takes responsibility, something he admits, unlike the contrast that is James Hird!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-04-15/tuohy-calls-for-unity

The Portlaois-born defender, who was one of only 5 Carlton players to play in all 24 matches last season, acknowledges the criticism from hurting supporters after four straight losses, but insists that Malthouse’s game plan is not to blame for the 0-4 start to the season.

Interesting, I remember that Ratten had similar issues in 2012 regarding the number of players that were able to get on the park every week.  From memory there were only 3 that achieved it.

Bryce Gibbs, Eddie Betts, and Jeff Garlett.

It was one of the reasons why I was arguing against his sacking.  If true, it indicates that Malthouse might have simply had different players fit, but a similar issue regarding the number of players that were actually available on a weekly basis.

It might also explain why our players are so flat at the moment.  As we know interrupted pre seasons hurt, but in AFL football, consecutive interrupted pre seasons can mean the end of a career let alone an entire footy club suffering that problem.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
Got carried away being superboot and kicking  50m goals and has forgotten how to defend...

Quite a number of people, myself included, think he should be given a go in the middle or even further up field. Think of him as a bigger, angrier version of Armfield. Need a bit of mongrel for this weekend. Who would you rather have beside you in the oven..Murphy, Gibbs or Tuohy? Precisely. Need someone to lay a few Dishlickers flat on their asses from the get go this weekend to set the tone. My concern is about endeavour and Tuohy wouldn't shirk from fronting up. Perfect example was Jamieson not standing up to Goddard when the dog started pushing young Buckley around...Jamieson just walked right past. Was pathetic and poor from a so called senior player. Another example was no one coming over to young Cripps last week when the lad missed his set shot and not patting him on the shoulder to say all is well. That is the leadership group failing right there. Disgraceful.
Keep the Faith

Reply #6
Loved the way Tuohy whacked Goddard when we played the scum. Was the only bit of passion I saw all night.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Loved the way Tuohy whacked Goddard when we played the scum. Was the only bit of passion I saw all night.

It stood out in Waite's absence didn't it?

In kind I think the message the club gave to Waite was just wrong. Sure let him know being reported was wrong, but curbing his ways was wrong as well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Tuohy is one of the fastest blokes we have over 20-50m. Put him on a flank and let him run dammit!

Admittedly though, he form has gone WAAY backwards from last year.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #9
Tuohy is one of the fastest blokes we have over 20-50m. Put him on a flank and let him run dammit!

As I said earlier I think it is primarily because his role has changed. Perhaps because of Daisey's arrival Tuohy's opportunities to push forward have been greatly limited. You cannot have all 22 streaming into the F50, someone has to sit back.

FWIW, I think McLean is in the same boat, his game in the VFL suggested his form is OK yet in the 1s he has had little opportunity. Last year McLean was the guy sneaking forward marking himself a marking and goal kicking target, it has been that role for the last two or three seasons. This year it is Daisey!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10

As I said earlier I think it is primarily because his role has changed. Perhaps because of Daisey's arrival Tuohy's opportunities to push forward have been greatly limited. You cannot have all 22 streaming into the F50, someone has to sit back.

FWIW, I think McLean is in the same boat, his game in the VFL suggested his form is OK yet in the 1s he has had little opportunity. Last year McLean was the guy sneaking forward marking himself a marking and goal kicking target, it has been that role for the last two or three seasons. This year it is Daisey!

Daisy may be 'that guy' but he has failed in that role. How many goals has he kicked!? How many marks inside 50 has he taken!? Tuohy and Brock have done a better job in the past IMO. Daisy isn't earning his $$ AFAIC.

Reply #11
Daisy may be 'that guy' but he has failed in that role. How many goals has he kicked!? How many marks inside 50 has he taken!? Tuohy and Brock have done a better job in the past IMO. Daisy isn't earning his $$ AFAIC.

Give him time, Daisey will come good he isn't limping he just looks physically drained, it may be next season before we see him at his best. My only criticism would be we should not carry Daisey in a role that may not be able to complete at the moment. There are plenty of jobs he can do, and several blokes who can fill that current role well. For example, Armfield if fit must be close to a return!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12

Give him time, Daisey will come good he isn't limping he just looks physically drained, it may be next season before we see him at his best. My only criticism would be we should not carry Daisey in a role that may not be able to complete at the moment. There are plenty of jobs he can do, and several blokes who can fill that current role well. For example, Armfield if fit must be close to a return!

Don't get me wrong, i'm not bagging the guy. But i totally agree with you that if there are others who can currently fulfill the role well, let them play that role. Until others prove they can do it better.

Reply #13

Quite a number of people, myself included, think he should be given a go in the middle or even further up field. Think of him as a bigger, angrier version of Armfield. Need a bit of mongrel for this weekend. Who would you rather have beside you in the oven..Murphy, Gibbs or Tuohy? Precisely. Need someone to lay a few Dishlickers flat on their asses from the get go this weekend to set the tone. My concern is about endeavour and Tuohy wouldn't shirk from fronting up. Perfect example was Jamieson not standing up to Goddard when the dog started pushing young Buckley around...Jamieson just walked right past. Was pathetic and poor from a so called senior player. Another example was no one coming over to young Cripps last week when the lad missed his set shot and not patting him on the shoulder to say all is well. That is the leadership group failing right there. Disgraceful.

Amen.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14

Amen.

x2
IN WADA WE TRUST