42 - Tuohy
[ 0 ] (0%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 1 ] (1.4%)
46 - Ellard
[ 2 ] (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: April 20, 2014, 04:15:12 pm

Topic: R4 - BEST on ground vs Demons (Read 9452 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R4 - BEST on ground vs Demons

Reply #15
How did Rowe go playing back,
If he can contribute as a back man it will help us
I noticed that Casboult took eight marks
Were they immpresive

Reply #16
Were they immpresive

Casboult started well but seem to do more ruck work than usual and tired......his marking was good in the main but he also dropped some sitters.
I think he needs to stay at FF more often..

Rowe had Dawes to start with and was reasonable...fell over and allowed Dawes to slip away  once and needs to keep his feet but generally managed to spoil Dawes in most one on ones.
Think he moved aorund a bit ie onto Frawley when Jamo got hurt and got led to the ball a few times but he wasnt alone ....
He was better than last week and didnt make as many skill errors...still gives me an uneasy feeling when he is close to goal as he can be fumbly on the ground but he does seem to pally himself ok.
Should have left his man at one stage to help out a mate..think it was Simpson but preferred to stay on his man and a bit of self preservation came into play and I reckon Mick might tell him not to do that again.
Would expect him to play vs the Bulldogs....as the three tall forward trick will again be employed against us...

Reply #17
Rowe wasn't awful.

Scotland was reliable.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18
Scotland had the most pressure acts of anyone in the side, how is that possible? Oldest player in the team, playing his first senior game and he is chasing more than anyone.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
Were they immpresive

I gave him a vote.

He took a couple of intercept marks, had 11 1%ers, which for a defender is usually spoils. Did a good job which will be overlooked by most because it wasn't flashy or obvious.

Having said that, i'm not sure he'll survive down back because with his (lack of) speed/agility it limits the type of players he can actually handle.

Reply #20
I gave him a vote.

He took a couple of intercept marks, had 11 1%ers, which for a defender is usually spoils. Did a good job which will be overlooked by most because it wasn't flashy or obvious.

Having said that, i'm not sure he'll survive down back because with his (lack of) speed/agility it limits the type of players he can actually handle.

Pretty close to my assessment Kruddler although I'm not really sure how he managed to take that mark in the one on one contest just outside the goal square.

I think he'll struggle against mobile forwards but will do OK against ruckmen trying to play as key forwards.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
I gave him a vote.

Pretty close to my assessment Kruddler although I'm not really sure how he managed to take that mark in the one on one contest just outside the goal square.

I think he'll struggle against mobile forwards but will do OK against ruckmen trying to play as key forwards.

That probably sums him up well.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
I gave him a vote.

That probably sums him up well.

I think he would be better suited as a forward and back up ruckman but he's doing a job at the moment.  I'd like him to have more of a physical presence but I guess he's not Robinson Crusoe there.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
Would Yarran be leading our B&F to this point?

If you had've told me after round 4 Yarran would be leading our B&F I would've been stoked... but not so much.

Reply #24

If you had've told me after round 4 Yarran would be leading our B&F I would've been stoked... but not so much.

I think at the moment you could look at him, Simpson and possibly Curnow.

There is not much to be up beat about at the moment so it would come down to who is most following instruction at the minute.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25

I think at the moment you could look at him, Simpson and possibly Curnow.

There is not much to be up beat about at the moment so it would come down to who is most following instruction at the minute.

Out of interest, these are the Coaches votes so far...
Yarran - 10
Everitt - 3
Gibbs - 2
Ellard - 1
Murphy - 1