Skip to main content
Topic: Round 11 Carlton v Brisbane (Read 34504 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 11 Carlton v Brisbane

Reply #45
Blues by 47

Ins Curnow, Robinson. Maybe Carrots?

Outs Ellard and maybe Garlett

Reply #46
The VFL talk is because of the conclusion some came to that Judd did his hammy because he wasn't ready for senior footy, which is complete bollocks.

Having said that though, you could probably make a case for him coming back via the Magoos just to get some touch.

I can see this happening.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #47
Just the kind of game where some no names cut us to pieces and some kid gets a RS nomination against us...  Zorko has a day out etc.

If we are serious about having improved, and we are supposedly under the guidance of the "master", then this discussion should not even be occurring. When we compare lists, coaches, ladder position, injuries etc., we are a 15 goal better team that this mob.

I just can't bear the thought of losing this game.
I'm with you Paul, although these are precisely the conditions that would normally see us fall over.

We are clearly underdone.
We have notched up three wins in a row and this will make it four (provided we win).
We are travelling interstate which increases the likelihood that we might not switch on. 
A few of the guys in our team would be playing with us interstate for the first time.
Brisbane are this year's wooden spoon for sure, but still have weapons that can hurt teams if they fire.

We should go in expecting a win.

Our playing group has form, this is a perfect storm for us.  Next you will hear that the Lions are paying $5 for a win.  Jump on that, it's good value.  We should win this match, and we should win easily but that is the reason why we are most likely to not show up for this one.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #48
Just the kind of game where some no names cut us to pieces and some kid gets a RS nomination against us...  Zorko has a day out etc.

If we are serious about having improved, and we are supposedly under the guidance of the "master", then this discussion should not even be occurring. When we compare lists, coaches, ladder position, injuries etc., we are a 15 goal better team that this mob.

I just can't bear the thought of losing this game.
I'm with you Paul, although these are precisely the conditions that would normally see us fall over...........................................

I agree, and hopefully this is one of the differences that a supposed master coach can make. To ensure that games like this are a gimme, as they would be for any of the top teams.

Reply #51
Hoping Hendo rips it up this week.

Might have to play on Jono Brown.....I dont reckon we will get away with Simon White on him....

How is Jono Brown playing these days?

Kyle Cheney who was playing on small forwards 2 years ago did alright on him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #52
Brown is not traveling too well, things are catching up with him, but he still deserves respect.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
Brown is not traveling too well, things are catching up with him, but he still deserves respect.

As always, it needs a coordinated team effort to handle Brown. Mids need to block supply, and minimise any high balls in the F50 that leave Brown in a one on one contest. Has the strength, experience and footy smarts to beat any of our guys all day every day in a one on one. And still one of the better set shots in the comp. He needs to be dragged up the ground, run off his feet, and  double teamed if things don't go our way.

Reply #54
Need a serious win here. The close and scrappy wins are good enough but I would like a bit more momentum and confidence especially with the Cats next week.

The players should now hopefully see how lame and pathetic those losses to Richmond and Melbourne were and not let it happen again, and that if you bring effort you are always a chance.

The irony is that I feel this the most balanced lineup we've had even under Ratten so if we could just fix up the between the ears stuff that would be good. 

Reply #55
VFL state game this weekend and not a Blue in contention. It is going to make things a little more difficult to work out who could be ready to come in next week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #56
Need a serious win here. The close and scrappy wins are good enough but I would like a bit more momentum and confidence especially with the Cats next week.

The players should now hopefully see how lame and pathetic those losses to Richmond and Melbourne were and not let it happen again, and that if you bring effort you are always a chance.

The irony is that I feel this the most balanced lineup we've had even under Ratten so if we could just fix up the between the ears stuff that would be good.
Reckon it will be a scrap

Brissy try and take you down to their level.

Reply #57

Reckon it will be a scrap

Brissy try and take you down to their level.
Yep, they have history scrapping out games.  87 pt loss to Norf, 79 pt loss to Swans, 43 pt loss to Tigers, 113 pt loss to Port, 53 pts to GCS.........I can see we are in serious trouble this round   :))
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #58
In: Carrazzo, Robinson

Out: Walker (knee), Armfield (calf)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #59
Interesting that Buckley has recovered . . . or will there be another late change?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball