Skip to main content
Topic: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding) (Read 53901 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Dispair & Teeth-Grinding)

Reply #45
Mark Stevens is a screwing flog.

Reply #46
Did the replay show Waite kicking the goal on the line or not in the 3rd??

Couldn't really tell. They showed the angle from behind Waite.

Not sure why they go to the video when it's 100 points deep into the last but not in that scenario - probably couldn't tell anything anyway.

Reply #47
In all my time I cant ever remember posting we'd lost a game because of umpiring....I usually just accept it....but after the last two weeks if Mick wants to have a crack I reckon we should pass the tin around to pay his fine. >:(

Reply #48
We would ve won if Nick Graham played lol

Reply #49
And there's David King in the War Room not mentioning the umpiring but saying that it was the leadership group that win it for the Cats.  Yeah there's truth in that.  McLean not covering Selwood was terrible.  But it's not even half the story.

Mclean was too slow to be on Selwood IMO and had already turned the ball over a couple of times and I dont know what Mick was doing there...ditto with White coming on who also looked
off the pace of the game. I would have left Waite on....

Reply #50

Couldn't really tell. They showed the angle from behind Waite.

Not sure why they go to the video when it's 100 points deep into the last but not in that scenario - probably couldn't tell anything anyway.

The joke is that the Ch7 telecast is in SD and so you can barely tell what's going on when they do the review.  It's why very few get over turned.

Reply #51

The Geelong bloke got a hand on it before the line.
Worst non decision of the night was not calling the bounce back, Warnock had no chance to get near it, the rest of them are always a toss up.
It was a great game and we had a red hot crack, a few more marks inside 50 and we win but we all know we need a key forward.
Casboult has a go and works hard but crikey, if you can't kick a football you're wasting your time really.
Henderson went OK but we need more contested marks from him, Waite is in the horrors and should be in the VFL next week.
That was the difference in the end, they had Hawkins and we had no one, but we still ran them to a kick.
I can see a future there but we just must recruit a ready to go forward no matter what it costs.
I was proud of my team tonight.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #52
We would ve won if Nick Graham played lol

What if Judd had been the sub????

Ps - this umpiring is really a chance to have me stop watching.  Bounce not recalled, Waite in the back, Waite score review, Mendel free, about 15 holding the balls.......

Reply #53
What about the goal they got when Yazz was held off the ball... Nothing given... Geelong get a goal.

Reply #55
That one hurt!

Reply #56
I call Shenanigans on umpiring. SHENANIGANS!

Reply #57
Gee whizz that C. Scott's a smarmy git.

Every time they asked him about a dubious decision that went against us he pulled a supposedly anti-Geelong decision out of his proverbial. Seemed to be fuming about the Hawkins play-on shot at goal. FMD. Twirp.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #58
Havent read the previous posts but did anyone else notice how lazy and disinterested garlett looked late in the game.

Yes he is fast and can crumb a nice goal but FMD when the heat is on his a pussy and prefers to watch then gets his hands dirty. I couldn't believe seeing the fastest player on the ground stand idle in the centre while the opposition had the ball not 5 metres from him. Cant possibly keep his spot next wel against hawks.

And how many overhead marks did he drop when hearing footsteps. Good teams don't carry players like that.

Can blame the umpires again all we like but in the last 5 mins those smoothers, pressure and tackling they put on us lead to their goals.

Why the f*** is our defence so open when they needed to kick 2 goals in the last 2 mins?

Surely we can send spares back at that stage.
So often do we get in a winning position against a good team but just seem to lack the smarts to hold on.

We can do it against average teams but not the better ones.

Knew that result was coming in the dying minutes but so gutted to watch that ducking smiling pr1ck selwood kick the winning ball after doing stuff all during the whole game.

Those who reckon we can afford to trade Casboult better watch this game.

Reply #59
This putting the whistle away crap that morons like Mark Stevens go on about is rubbish.
A free is a free whether its in the first minute or last minute of a game.
End of story.
Its just the AFL and journos protecting knob umpires again.