Skip to main content
Topic: The CSC Music Appreciation Thread (Read 49475 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The CSC Music Appreciation Thread

Reply #30
[flash=600,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/z13qnzUQwuI[/flash]

One for Baggers

Reply #31
Now this is music.

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/DMGlQvPBQE0[/flash]
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #33
Let me brag for a minute !!

It is also footy and music related!

I have a cousin whose name is Judd who sings in the Melbourne Gospel Choir, he also picks up some interesting solo gigs every now and again.

Judd is the voice of ALL the St Kilda players for their  recent Virgin video entry !! Judd is a huge Hawks supporter so I'm not sure his heart was right in it !!

And then I saw this today on Judd's facebook page;

Judd - Ok so just off to do some vocal coaching for Sam Newman.... #YepThatWasRandom #LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Friend1 -  Just another day in the life of..... Ho hum. Details please?

Friend2 - Good on you...Sam is wonderbar and could really do with your expert guidance.

5 hours later

Judd - Wow what a lovely guy he is, very humble and genuine... And there you go don't judge a book by its cover.

Friend3 - Player review warmups?

Judd - Haha no his album, he actually has a very warm singing voice tone, I'm impressed.

I was surprised by his thoughts on Sam.  :o
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #34

One for Baggers

Good grief! What have you been smoking, LR! Girls... mmm, yes. The bloke - John Holmes lookalike, hopeless, and then the music!!!! crape. But thank you for the thought :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35

One for Baggers

Good grief! What have you been smoking, LR! Girls... mmm, yes. The bloke - John Holmes lookalike, hopeless, and then the music!!!! crape. But thank you for the thought :)

This song got a fair work out in the back seat of the pulsar.

The stereo always sounded better back there.

Reply #36
Thought this might be up your alley Sheik.

Debut album from lads out of Ireland

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/gZb8nEemK2k[/flash]

Oooohhhhh yeaaaaahhh !!!

That hit the spot Tribey, have to go hunting for their album now, will get played on the show for sure !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #37

One for Baggers

This song got a fair work out in the back seat of the pulsar.

The stereo always sounded better back there.

Did you spend a lot of time alone in the back seat of your pulsar... listening to the John Holmes lookalike?  :) ;)  I am way more your rock and roll fan... never really get into the doof doof stuff. But I do admire your creativity, LR, Old Cock.

Reply #38
Anyone hitting the Big Day Out next year? 

I went earlier this year especially to see the Chili Peppers (lucky enough to have seen them twice now). craphouse thing about it was that I'd spent all day in the booze cage due to there being a whole host of acts I'd never heard of, so was on the piss from about 12 midday til night time when I got myself a great spot near the front of the pit, only for me needing to piss about 10 minutes before showtime. Others around urged me to just piss in the pit....couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe I wasn't plastered enough?  ;D Ended up going to the pisser then getting a less than perfect spot. 

Might time it a bit better for Pearl Jam and Blur next year at Big Day Out.  ;D

Reply #39
The me and the neighbours are currently enjoying a vinyl blasting of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.  ;D ;D

Reply #40
The me and the neighbours are currently enjoying a vinyl blasting of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.  ;D ;D

Watched a rock special today on the teev about Tommy. Class act. All class. And could ring-bark a tree at 50 paces with those choppers...

Reply #41

Watched a rock special today on the teev about Tommy. Class act. All class. And could ring-bark a tree at 50 paces with those choppers...

Unbelievable musician. Even more unbelievable when you take into account whats on offer today on the mainstream music scene. Farking class. 

Reply #42
Its not a fair comparison to judge music of the past with some of the rubbish on the charts at the moment. Years ago it was about talent and listening quality. Not only that but listening to the story the artist is trying to tell. Now it is all about a marketable product involving looks, hairstyles, synthesized music and lyrics that are completely rubbish. I don't understand half of it. In fact you will catch me listening to ABBA before I listen to most of the music in the charts today.

Sorry I had to disclose that information about me. :P
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #43
Its not a fair comparison to judge music of the past with some of the rubbish on the charts at the moment. Years ago it was about talent and listening quality. Not only that but listening to the story the artist is trying to tell. Now it is all about a marketable product involving looks, hairstyles, synthesized music and lyrics that are completely rubbish. I don't understand half of it. In fact you will catch me listening to ABBA before I listen to most of the music in the charts today.

Agree...the standard of musicianship today is rubbish and the lyrics bordering primary school stuff.....I'm still listening to Blue Oyster Cult, Jethro Tull, Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy, Concrete Blonde and the like..

Mants...check out a Finnish band called "Nightwish"...have had three very good female lead singers over the journey, they can really sing......opera meets metal.....reckon you might like them.

Reply #44

I have the song for you!

[flash=600,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/KFzT7ms5kwU[/flash]