Skip to main content
Topic: R13 : Carlton drowned by the Hawks (Read 44559 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R13 : Carlton drowned by the Hawks

Reply #15
CH7 playing "Rock The Casbah" whilst showing Casboult's highlights.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #16
I didn't think Watson was awful, he's ok with ball in hand and made some decent spoils. He's like White but with a good kick and decent decision making.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
Carrazzo wins the Tissot 'Man Of The Match' award on CH7 ........................... rather odd choice.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #18
I didn't think Watson was awful, he's ok with ball in hand and made some decent spoils. He's like White but with a good kick and decent decision making.

Watson was absolutely crap in the first half i think he cost us 3 goals  with his mistakes add that to the goal he missed

Reply #19
It's gunna be a dead set heat in the "Worst on the ground" thread.

Too many not doing enough tonight, but hey should expect this as it has been going the same way for years.
Hawthorn bully us and take the ball away from us as if it was candy in our pocket.

Carrazzo and Murphy their use of the ball tonight was terrible.  

Watson #dear#headlights#ohdearyoureallyareabrick.  Warnock, Armfield and Touhy slow, lazy and plain awful. 

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #20
An honest effort but not good enough and not fit enough.

I thought we had a lot of passengers... and lot of triers that simply don't do enough, often enough for long enough.  What do you do with these blokes?  For example;

Armfield... clueless... simply clueless... caught out of position ALL NIGHT.  If you can't get a kick at least stop the bloke you're assigned to from getting one!
Watson... zero intensity... second half better but missed soda goal at crunch time.
Carazzo.... trier but disposal and pace issues... time to try Cachia or Curnow IMO.
MacLean... tries hard and does some strong, solid smart things... but also gets shown up for pace and position at times. Persist or cull???
Thomas, Everitt, Yarran, Menzel... elements of class but simply don't do enough.  Disappointing.
Docherty... had a shocker.
Rowe... tried hard and competed solidly on one of the comp's best forwards.  Something to work with.
Walker... brain fades, poor kicks and bad positioning to go with slashing runs and handy goal.
Warnock.... unless a ruckman is giving you first use consistently why play him?  Ceglar and his mates far more effective than knockers.  Started getting frustrated in the last.
Graham... I know it's hard when you're sub but where's the hurt factor?  Still plays kiddie football.

Channel 7 gave Carazzo BOG tonight... not the game I was watching.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
Mate some of you guys are hard markers I'll tell you what. Carrazzo made an awful error with that handball, late in the game, when he had nothing left in the tank and was sold into trouble by Yarran. Other than the last 10 or so minutes when he was spent he was easily one of our best. 32 touches and 5 tackles says it all.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
An honest effort but not good enough and not fit enough.

I thought we had a lot of passengers... and lot of triers that simply don't do enough, often enough for long enough.  What do you do with these blokes?  For example;

Armfield... clueless... simply clueless... caught out of position ALL NIGHT.  If you can't get a kick at least stop the bloke you're assigned to from getting one!
Watson... zero intensity... second half better but missed soda goal at crunch time.
Carazzo.... trier but disposal and pace issues... time to try Cachia or Curnow IMO.[/color
MacLean... tries hard and does some strong, solid smart things... but also gets shown up for pace and position at times. Persist or cull???
Thomas, Everitt, Yarran, Menzel... elements of class but simply don't do enough.  Disappointing.
Docherty... had a shocker.
Rowe... tried hard and competed solidly on one of the comp's best forwards.  Something to work with.
Walker... brain fades, poor kicks and bad positioning to go with slashing runs and handy goal.
Warnock.... unless a ruckman is giving you first use consistently why play him?  Ceglar and his mates far more effective than knockers.  Started getting frustrated in the last.
Graham... I know it's hard when you're sub but where's the hurt factor?  Still plays kiddie football.

Channel 7 gave Carazzo BOG tonight... not the game I was watching.

what could we get in a trade for either carazzo or Mclean

Reply #23
It was actually an even game, they did more with it when they had the chance. We just make hard work of everything.

Reply #24

He was a liability.  Good decision maker?  What about the scrubber he kicked in the first that led to a goal.  He can barely move, is always behind his man and has no awareness around him.  Luke Livingstone was only marginally worse.

Reply #25
^^ Salary cap space.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
Carrazzo was our best player. The clanger was horrific and sealed the game but he was our best.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
Watson was garbage. Delist.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28

He was a liability.  Good decision maker?  What about the scrubber he kicked in the first that led to a goal.  He can barely move, is always behind his man and has no awareness around him.  Luke Livingstone was only marginally worse.

Yep I remember the scrubber, but I also remember 4-5 times where the ball was in his hands coming out of defence and he picked the right option and hit the target. He made plenty of spoils on the night.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29
Carrazzo was our best player. The clanger was horrific and sealed the game but he was our best.

Sadly Chris Judd was our best player tonight were going to miss him  when he hangs the boots up