Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping) (Read 27729 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping)

Reply #45
Hendo running in a straight line forward and some 40 or so meters to kicking a long goal is further reminder why he is better suited as KPB running straight rather an as close in body type KPF.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #46
I think we underestimate the lose of Curnow for so many weeks. Our most improved player this year, I believe.

Mick considers Levi as one of competitions most improved in 2014, probably right 2 considering he was coming from a longer way back, but Ed has also clearly improved  in 2014.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #47
I haven't seen todays game yet, but on what Ive seen so far, I think Curnow was better last year, particularly with disposal and decision making with the ball. That's not to say he isn't doing a good job in 2014.
I think he has established himself as one of the gun taggers in the comp though.

Reply #48
I think we underestimate the lose of Curnow for so many weeks. Our most improved player this year, I believe.

Yep, mentioned this very fact about 6 weeks ago. As I said back then, when Curnow was first injured his stats for tackles, 1%ers, pressure acts, etc., at the time were elite in the AFL. You simply can't replace what he provides.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #49

Yep, mentioned this very fact about 6 weeks ago. As I said back then, when Curnow was first injured his stats for tackles, 1%ers, pressure acts, etc., at the time were elite in the AFL. You simply can't replace what he provides.

Yep, but he's not as good as Sidebottom apparently.

Reply #50
Nice negating game by Curnow
He really slaughtered Montagna and then Steven, both of whom have really hurt us before. Andreijs Everitt did a very good job on Montagna after Carrots went off and Curnow switched players. Both guys really earnt their money today.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #51
He really slaughtered Montagna and then Steven, both of whom have really hurt us before. Andreijs Everitt did a very good job on Montagna after Carrots went off and Curnow switched players. Both guys really earnt their money today.

Yep they certainly did. What's pleasing is that they're both young and have a lot of footy left in them. Bring on 2015

― Mark Twain

Reply #52

I have Montagna in my fantasy team (inherited). I can tell you his stats were down massively this week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
Pre-match I stated that I had very little interest in the match, only focus was the handful of young guys running around. As it turned out, I found it to be a pretty ordinary match even though we ended up smacking the living bejesus out of them.

Take that appalling (and equally frustrating) second quarter fade out of the equation and we were all over them, they are a terrible team and will stay at the bottom for the rest of the season.

Johnson showed a little more today and he just has to get composed when kicking for goal but that will come with experience & coaching. Attacks the contest, tackles hard and plays the percentages which makes him an asset to the team already and has just about closed the book on Garlett returning and more than likely Jeffy's place on the list.

Menzel was active as all hell before the shoulder injury and Docherty showed that he is an elite kick, all good stuff for the future.

Great to get a big win after so many losses but next week will bring us back to earth against the Swans up here, they just don't make the same sloppy skill errors the Saints did today.

It'll also be interesting to see who stands up in the heat and who melts !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #54
Hendo running in a straight line forward and some 40 or so meters to kicking a long goal is further reminder why he is better suited as KPB running straight rather an as close in body type KPF.

He is getting some fitness back now. A good pre-season will set him up nicely for 2015.

Reply #55
We looked a million dollars for three and a half quarters.

The two cent effort in the second quarter is an indication of why we sit where we are on the ladder.

Reply #56
I think we underestimate the loss of Curnow for so many weeks. Our most improved player this year, I believe.
Carrots as well. For a considerable period we were unable to shut down opponents' best mids, among other things. With Carrots coming back to fitness and form and Curnow coming back like he hadn't missed at all, we now have weapons to silence good players. It is very nice, especially after some of the tactics used on Murphy this year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #57
Its hard to believe,that the rabble we played were a whisker from winning a grand final just 4years a go.They have major issues and I love it ,for the last 10years we have been their bunnies but no longer  :)   

Reply #58
Its hard to believe,that the rabble we played were a whisker from winning a grand final just 4years a go.They have major issues and I love it ,for the last 10years we have been their bunnies but no longer  :)  

The alleged issue is Pelchen.

Allegedly rumors from the Dawks and a past Aints coach? ??? I have heard rumors that the Dawks credit Buckenara with their success. It's was alleged by a Dawks insider that Pelchen tried to steal the limelight for recruits that he actually opposed! A lot were Buckenara recommendations, which are now the blokes that form the core of the Dawks team.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59

This

― Mark Twain