Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping) (Read 27738 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping)

Reply #75
One of the pleasing things about the game was Thomas showing a bit of speed.  I don't think he played particularly well but he did a couple of things that were reminiscent of him at his best, and burning off an opponent was one of them.

Hopefully, he's over his injury and will start to get back to his best form.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
Another pleasing thing about the Aints fall from grace, is the chance, it's to early to speculate, that some of their kids may not develop the way they would like and PELCHEN will hopefully be remembered as the list manager who reinstated them at the ass end of the ladder where they belong.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #77
Another pleasing thing about the Aints fall from grace, is the chance, it's to early to speculate, that some of their kids may not develop the way they would like and PELCHEN will hopefully be remembered as the list manager who reinstated them at the ass end of the ladder where they belong.

They've one 1 flag. I'd rather have inflicted a loss of substance to many more teams such as The hand baggers, Scum and Filth.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #78

They've one 1 flag. I'd rather have inflicted a loss of substance to many more teams such as The hand baggers, Scum and Filth.

I quite enjoy belting this mob tbh :D

Reply #79
Wish we could beat up a big guy!

Saints are not going well. It is nice to have a win, but bit sad to belt a defeated mob!

Wish we could have beat up the Pies!

The team is coming on well. Levi and Rowe have been great developments. Docherty has skill to burn and Everitt is a great acquisition.

The need to beat a Big Guy to convince themselves that are a force!

Reply #80
We lost to Brisbane & GWS, staring at a spoon. I'll take whatever we can.

Reply #81

I remember I went to a game at Ettihad when we were crap, it was Campo's 200th (only reason I went) and Fev lined up at full back on Fraser Gerhig (or G-banger) as I liked to call him. So anyway I was sitting down minding my own business whilst we got smashed in the first quarter and this older bloke a Saints moron took it upon himself to keep turning around and hanging sht on me. My missus and I couldn't believe it, we'd said nothing to him and he was such an  arrogant prick, talking like the Saints had the premiership in the bag over the next few years. TBH he was jinxing the crap out of his team but to turn around to someone you didn't know throughout and keep telling them how crap their side was and the Saints were on the path to glory, he'd have to be the rudest bloke I ever met. Even his wife was telling him to shut it.

It warms my heart to know he never got the premiership and to think of all the heartbreak he had along the way and now look at where they're at. That bloke will never get to see his premiership and rightly so. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #82
@passit2 carrots

had the same experience over the years....

my thinking was and continues to be that the artificial football league (AFL) deliberately sucked the strength off our traditional strong clubs to prop up these loser clubs...

Reply #83
I had numerous experiences along the same lines. Then also had to listen numerous more on radio, and I ll never forget Pelchen's expressionless insistence in his attempt to poach Thornton when we were at our lowest. Hope Pelchen and the Aints fall further into a bag of shiat.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #84

I remember I went to a game at Ettihad when we were crap, it was Campo's 200th (only reason I went) and Fev lined up at full back on Fraser Gerhig (or G-banger) as I liked to call him. So anyway I was sitting down minding my own business whilst we got smashed in the first quarter and this older bloke a Saints moron took it upon himself to keep turning around and hanging sht on me. My missus and I couldn't believe it, we'd said nothing to him and he was such an  arrogant prick, talking like the Saints had the premiership in the bag over the next few years. TBH he was jinxing the crap out of his team but to turn around to someone you didn't know throughout and keep telling them how crap their side was and the Saints were on the path to glory, he'd have to be the rudest bloke I ever met. Even his wife was telling him to shut it.

It warms my heart to know he never got the premiership and to think of all the heartbreak he had along the way and now look at where they're at. That bloke will never get to see his premiership and rightly so. :))

Saints well and truly back where they deserve to be.  On the bottom of the ladder.   Now if only we can resume our rightful place in the top half of the ladder 

Reply #85

I do too. They really irritated me when they had their few moments of glory: I guess they didn't know how to handle victory with grace having experienced so little of it. Now they are getting a good dose of karma. I hope they enjoy it. I did.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #86
change of tack
watching the last quarter when Menzel got hit on shoulder - not clear if a stinger or break
He then played on got hit again on shoulder after about 10 minutes
what were our damn doctors and physios doing?

Reply #87
change of tack
watching the last quarter when Menzel got hit on shoulder - not clear if a stinger or break
He then played on got hit again on shoulder after about 10 minutes
what were our damn doctors and physios doing?
I saw on he TV tonight that Menzel is hoping to be right for Sydney. I am doubtful to be honest, but I am well known for not taking risks with half fit players. The club ignores me and does its own thing. I'm used to it. :)
Apparently some rumours doing the rounds suggested that Menzel wanted to join his brother at Geelong. From what he said today, that seems unlikely.
To be honest, if he wants to play with his brother he has as much chance by staying with us. Geelong are not going to keep a guy on their list forever who can't get on the park. I understand that they WANT to keep him, but list management suggests they would be crazy to keep him. On the other hand, us using a rookie pick on him would be a reasonable guess, if he looked like being able to play at some point. Then again, he may simply retire if his knees are gone.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #88
There was a little feature on Menz on Fox Footy last night and he said he wanted to be picked up by the Cats to be with his brother but was rapt when picked up by Carlton as he would be close to him in Victoria.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
@ Crash.. I Agree no need to risk him, let him rest theres no point in playing him injured, give him several weeks to recover if he needs it. Also agree he wont be going anywhere. The club needs to address his re-signing as a matter of priority, as im sure its doing.

― Mark Twain