Skip to main content
Topic: Andrejs Everitt (Read 9544 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Andrejs Everitt

Reply #15
Everitt has been good value and was a good trade but Stkilda allowed him to do what he wanted and his skill level is very good for a player of his size and he hurts teams who allow him to drift forward as he isa  good kick for goal and makes good decisions.
However is not a true defender and needs open spaces to run into and some freedom from responsibility so he can attack....

Typical old fashioned wing player. Free in space to bring the ball forward into attack. I hope he improves and has a better defensive game as he develops his skills more. mick needs to teach this guy how to be a more complete player. Then he can become the utility we really need. ;)

i love that word "utility"...stick to the traditions I say... C:-)

Reply #16
Utility, the quality of being useful.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
were wishing for a Walker mk2, now we have him and he's become Walker Mk1
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #18
Both coaches gave Everitt BOG in the coaches votes. Interestingly, Mick gave Walker second BOG and Richardson gave him third.

Carlton vs St. Kilda

10 Everitt (Carl)
7 Murphy (Carl)
7 Walker (Carl)
4 Casboult (Carl)
1 Jamison (Carl)
1 Savage (StK)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
Both coaches gave Everitt BOG in the coaches votes. Interestingly, Mick gave Walker second BOG and Richardson gave him third.

Carlton vs St. Kilda

10 Everitt (Carl)
7 Murphy (Carl)
7 Walker (Carl)
4 Casboult (Carl)
1 Jamison (Carl)
1 Savage (StK)
Interesting. I am a little surprised that Murphy featured so highly, but quite glad that Riewoldt didn't. Good player though Riewoldt is, he was ineffective on Sunday. His team mates kicked the ball directly to our players instead, something that far too few of our opponents are willing to replicate.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20

Carlton vs St. Kilda

10 Everitt (Carl)
7 Murphy (Carl)
7 Walker (Carl)
4 Casboult (Carl)
1 Jamison (Carl)
1 Savage (StK)
Interesting. I am a little surprised that Murphy featured so highly, but quite glad that Riewoldt didn't. Good player though Riewoldt is, he was ineffective on Sunday. His team mates kicked the ball directly to our players instead, something that far too few of our opponents are willing to replicate.

Agreed, thought there were several who did a fair bit more useful stuff than Murph.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #21

Carlton vs St. Kilda

10 Everitt (Carl)
7 Murphy (Carl)
7 Walker (Carl)
4 Casboult (Carl)
1 Jamison (Carl)
1 Savage (StK)

I had Murph as my second BOG. Set the standard early with some courageous acts magnificent ball use.

But I also had Hendo BOG, so WTF would I know? 8)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #22
Always wondered about the validity of the ''coach's votes'. Can't imagine MM sitting around after a thumping trying to determine whether Selwood was more effective than Stevie J!!!!

Obviously a 'club' opinion, but not sure about the amount of coach input!!!!

Reply #23
Always wondered about the validity of the ''coach's votes'. Can't imagine MM sitting around after a thumping trying to determine whether Selwood was more effective than Stevie J!!!!

Obviously a 'club' opinion, but not sure about the amount of coach input!!!!

I can't remember who it was but one coach revealed that he had one of his assistants do the votes for him.

However, the coach's votes are a very public way of acknowledging those who are doing what the coach wants from them and, for a team in our position, that could be good motivation.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball