Skip to main content
Topic: 'Voice Kids' Judges' Decision Has Child In Tears (Read 5609 times) previous topic - next topic

'Voice Kids' Judges' Decision Has Child In Tears

A LEADING child psychologist has slammed Channel Nine for airing footage of a young girl breaking down during her audition on The Voice Kids last night. 

Romy, who was 12 when she auditioned for the reality TV show, was left distressed and in tears after the four judges failed to turn their chairs for her.

Dr Michael Carr-Gregg says he watched the program last night and was upset that producers chose to include the young girl’s emotional reaction in the broadcast.

“What was the point?” he told news.com.au. “I’m actually really cross with Channel Nine. Maybe ratings are more important to them than the psychological wellbeing of this contestant, but the whole thing could have been avoided.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/voice-kids-judges-have-to-console-12yearold-romy-after-audition-ends-in-tears/story-e6frfmyi-1226979703979

Paaalllleaassseee ........... !!   ::)

It's a competition and not everyone can be the winner. It's about time children were given a dose of reality in life, do those shrinks actually think that everybody is going to get on a talent show and be a smash hit ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: 'Voice Kids' Judges' Decision Has Child In Tears

Reply #1
On a normal talent show I would agree but the whole keeping their backs turned thing I think is bit cruel.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
.......................... It's about time children were given a dose of reality in life, do those shrinks actually think that everybody is going to get on a talent show and be a smash hit ??

That's it toughen them up young, Australia and the world needs plenty more cold hearted bastards! ;) Especially the type that can profit via TV ratings using the misery of children, bring it on!

If only a few of our players had been "Voice Kids" competitors, we might have a few more hard bastards on the field! :)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
It's a tough one, but I think young children should all be made to feel like winners. It's an age where rejection should be avoided. I don't think I'd want my children subjected to that kind of judgement at that age.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #4
Ah yes, nothing like achieving high ratings and big revenue bucks through exploiting the innocense of kids...

Kids should be allowed to be kids and have happy memories of their childhoods... life reality can be introduced gradually through their teens as they become stronger and smarter and can understand better. Subjecting 10-14 year olds to this is just wrong.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
I have no sympathy for any screwer associated with these shows.

50 kids would have got burnt for every one that got on the TV.

The judges are screwheads, the parents are painful arseholes and the kids are pampered little turds.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #6
#Firstworldproblems.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7

The judges are screwheads, the parents are painful arseholes and the kids are pampered little turds.

Cimm...Any chance of you of ever saying what you really think and not leaving us guessing ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wont watch the Voice or any of those other so called talent shows....they are just crap and I am sick of those good charlotte bros
being on my TV everytime I switch on,what is with those two?...no work in America?

Reply #8
I am sick of those good charlotte bros being on my TV everytime I switch on,what is with those two?...no work in America?

Our TV networks are the only dummies on the planet who will give their talentless butts a pay packet, the Yanks have passed over them permanently.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #9

The judges are screwheads, the parents are painful arseholes and the kids are exploited little babies.

Edited for accuracy.

Unfortunately, as long as turkeys watch these shows, children and young adults will continue to be embarrassed and belittled.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
I think they should have changed the format of the show for kids. They should be at least 15 before they find out they're shizen.

Reply #11
If kids and their parents don't go onto these shows with their eyes open about how it works and the possible rejections then IMO that is their own stupidity.

If they really want/need their 2 minutes of fame then be prepared to accept whatever is thrown at you. Don't like it, don't go on the show. It's pretty simple IMO.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #12
I think they should have changed the format of the show for kids. They should be at least 15 before they find out they're shizen.

;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #13
Kids of today are so soft.    Harden up FFS.    :P

Reply #14
If kids and their parents don't go onto these shows with their eyes open about how it works and the possible rejections then IMO that is their own stupidity.

If they really want/need their 2 minutes of fame then be prepared to accept whatever is thrown at you. Don't like it, don't go on the show. It's pretty simple IMO.
this is fundamentally the way it should be.  If you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen till you can. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson