Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 38417 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Not good enough. Our worst effort for the year. Careers will end because of this.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #1
Won't be MM's
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #2
Lets just look at the positives.........Ummmmm......... Wait, I'll be back.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
Thank God that one is over. It will go down as our worst effort of the year by a long way. We did nothing in any quarter and played poorly in all aspects. I find it difficult to think of any positives from this. Malthouse will not be happy and I don't blame him.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Lets just look at the positives.........Ummmmm......... Wait, I'll be back.

Here's some
++++++++.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
I'm not MM convertee as yet but what could he do?

Don't understand why Army wasn't in but aside from that we have nothing to play for they had everything to play for at a home game with home umpiring -- port are In for a rude shock when they play away from home, what they get paid on their home ground they won't get paid away.

We gave up very early, I clearly saw a number of players including Yaz, Gibbs, Waite pull out of contests - why do a year when you can cruise thru to a preseason

Horrible we have to play the drug cheats next week, at least I hope the CFC make it a lot harder for them come Ill-gotten finals time

Reply #7
Gee, just when I was starting to get all giddy again with my Blues..............thanks for nothing.

Was fairly confident of another "honorable loss" tonight. Didnt think we'd win but wasnt expecting that.

Just once during the week I let a little sneaky thought get in .........................................." wow, I hope all this good press we've been getting during the week for all these close losses doesnt inflate our ego's" but i quickely snapped out of it believing we'd turned the corner......................YEP !

Well done Port. I Hate your guts but envy the way you play footy. Your supporters must be stoked to watch you play like that week in week out...even when you lose.
I wish I could say the same about my pitiful excuse for a football team.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #8
I can think of 2: Jamison and Rowe in defence. They played as well as they could in the circumstances. Gibbs worked hard, Judd wasn't too bad and Levi took some marks. So many had no influence  at all.
I really don't think Port are that good, but they smashed us as nobody but Sydney has managed to this year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
I can think of 2: Jamison and Rowe in defence. They played as well as they could in the circumstances. Gibbs worked hard, Judd wasn't too bad and Levi took some marks. So many had no influence  at all.
I really don't think Port are that good, but they smashed us as nobody but Sydney has managed to this year.

Add Wood too. 16 disposals 8 marks and ran forward to give an option. 

Reply #10
Midfield flogged, no clear winners in any position, no forwards... yep, 100 point loss seems pretty much a fair result.  Chuck in some rubbish umpiring and there were zero positives from tonight.  Oh, and they are fast, fit and a precision kicking side... three traits we do not have and need to emulate sooner rather than later.

I realise that we fielded a weak side but you have to have a freakin' go.  A few have clearly put the cue in the case and that craps me to tears.  None of the kids look ready and Graham especially looks small, scruffy and underwhelming at this level. 

I thought blokes like Rowe, Gibbs and Curnow tried but blokes like Casboult, Yarran and Menzel can't even run and are just making up numbers.  Touhy, Docherty, Sheahan and Simmo stank tonight - so often this year our smaller defenders have been deadest awful.  Gees the other hackers such as Wood, Carazzo, White and Bell etc were horribly shown up -  too many mistakes, slow, poor disposal and low "hurt factor".

I shudder to think what the cheats will do to us next week, it will be carnage.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11

In common with Sydney Port has a tough, uncompromising, skilful and hard running midfield. We just can't handle that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12

Lot of guys simply had nothing left tonight.

I now remember what it was I disliked about Port. What a mob of ****s.

Still reckon they've got some serious front runners. They are now the team I don't want to win it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #13
Come on guys, we are only about 18 players short of a great squad. Surely we can fix that in one drafting season, and a few free agents pick ups ???
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14
The fact MM had to play Lucas (a player by all reports he doesn't respect or rate) shows just how bare the cupboard was.
People in the media were quick to excuse the Filth last week with all their injuries...
but consider who we had missing
Kreuzer, Thomas, Murphy, Henderson, McLean, Robinson, Walker.
We had four players playing in Holman, Johnson, Sheehan and Graham (all starting and not sub) who combine for a total of what 15-20 games.
Not much MM can do...