Skip to main content
Topic: So long and thanks for all the fish (Read 7881 times) previous topic - next topic

So long and thanks for all the fish

Jack Anthony and three coaches depart

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/news/528-nbfc-news-anthony-and-coaches-depart.html

The Northern Blues Football Club can confirm Jack Anthony as well as members of the Blues coaching staff will not return to the club in 2015.

As the club conducted player interviews with it’s entire list at the conclusion of the 2014 season, Jack signalled his intentions to move to the Gold Coast for lifestyle reasons.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish

Reply #1
No downside there IMO.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #3
Don't we pay for the blues coaches down there? LOL

Reply #4
Plenty of room for Brendan McCarthy to come in !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #6
We need to get a good coach for the NB's who is on the same wavelength as MM. Webster might be a good bloke gut he just doesn't cut it I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
Well, the NBs really struggle to retain players. So losing Jack Anthony is no big surprise. Can we convince the NBs to actually spend some money?
It also looking like the coaching ranks are available to fill. Any takers?

To be honest, I would be moving on Webster. He may have ability to develop players, I can't know that. However, he just doesn't inspire his charges. I really would like to see someone who really does help the get over the line.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Well, the NBs really struggle to retain players. So losing Jack Anthony is no big surprise. Can we convince the NBs to actually spend some money?
It also looking like the coaching ranks are available to fill. Any takers?

To be honest, I would be moving on Webster. He may have ability to develop players, I can't know that. However, he just doesn't inspire his charges. I really would like to see someone who really does help the get over the line.
Webster was the accidental coach when that older fella Hyde resigned prematurely wasn't he? Need a standalone VFL side so bad.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
We need to get a good coach for the NB's who is on the same wavelength as MM. Webster might be a good bloke gut he just doesn't cut it I reckon.
Is Guy McKenna still looking for a gig? Would be perfect working as a development coach for us.

Reply #10
MM is not into signing potential coaching replacements, blokes how might replace him down the road. Because he's been down there, he knows that road, he knows exactly where it ends, and we know that is not where he wants to be! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
MM is not into signing potential coaching replacements, blokes how might replace him down the road. Because he's been down there, he knows that road, he knows exactly where it ends, and we know that is not where he wants to be! ;)

Guy wouldn't take his mate's job. They've worked together before and the chance of Guy getting a senior gig anytime soon is low.

Reply #12

Is anyone on the same wavelength as MM?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13

Is anyone on the same wavelength as MM?

Well you sure aint PI2C!  ;) :D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
^^

Guilty as charged. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!