Skip to main content
Topic: Carbon Emissions (Read 12371 times) previous topic - next topic

Carbon Emissions

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/11/141118-nasa-video-carbon-dioxide-global-warming-climate-environment/

Obama said Australia has to do more lol.

NASA has released a striking visualization of how carbon dioxide flows around the world. In the simulation, plumes of the greenhouse gas gush into the atmosphere from major industrial centers, swirling from continent to continent on the winds of global weather systems.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Carbon Emissions

Reply #1
LOL. I saw that too. Apparently all our bushfire smoke travels up to Europe and pollutes them as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Pot, kettle etc?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
While I agree with the sentiment, you cannot be hypocritical and our government needs to highlight this sort of contradiction "while" setting an example, not while acting in defiance of the general consensus due to a preferred political position.

Newborns in 2014 know nothing about adult politics but will live with the consequences of adult decisions.

Also, there is a problem with that model, between 2005 and 2007 there was a period when forest fires and associated pollution from Indonesian logging operations became severe yet there is hardly a blip over Indonesia. Mt Merapi also had a major eruption over that period yet no obvious hotspot shows.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
I remember reading somewhere that per person we were a big culprit and although we don't pollute at the same level as other nations we rank poorly on average.

Could be bs, and I'm confident that the more population the easier to dilute the numbers but there you go.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
I remember reading somewhere that per person we were a big culprit and although we don't pollute at the same level as other nations we rank poorly on average.

Could be bs, and I'm confident that the more population the easier to dilute the numbers but there you go.

That is true I believe.

But I have also read that some reports allegedly make a deliberate effort to make us look worse by allocating the emissions and energy consumption from processing our exports, e.g. coal, iron ore, bauxite and uranium back to Australia! A weird sort of closed cycle analysis that doubles the penalty by counting the user and the source. But I also understand that if the same analysis is applied equally to all countries China is five time more polluting than any other country.

But the green lobby don't want to talk about this, they hold up China's renewable energy boom as a gold standard. Yet despite being able to claim they are the world's leader in total renewable energy resources, which I believe is true, as a percentage of China's total energy budget lowly renewable sources(excluding hydro) don't even rate on China's energy graph.(Effectively zero by percentage.) It's all smoke and mirrors and the world is too gutless to state it, plus many have the not in my backyard mentality but pollution does not respect a fence!

China gets it's rating because of the three dams project, which provides many gigawatts and in total they get a large percentage from hydro, yet internally it is being shouted down as a failure due to the massive irreversible environmental damage it is doing.(Not green at all, renewable does not necessarily mean green) They also say that within 20 years those dams will have lost up to 60% of the generating capacity due to silt accumulation, the projects glowing reports are a bogus accounting exercise because the economic and environmental costs will never be re-couped before the dams are clogged and worthless. Someone's children or grandchildren will pay for this!

There are lies, damn lies and then there are stats!

We are not leaving a planet for the children, we are borrowing/stealing the future from our grandchildren!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/11/141118-nasa-video-carbon-dioxide-global-warming-climate-environment/

Obama said Australia has to do more lol.

NASA has released a striking visualization of how carbon dioxide flows around the world. In the simulation, plumes of the greenhouse gas gush into the atmosphere from major industrial centers, swirling from continent to continent on the winds of global weather systems.

looks like hell to me

Reply #7
My wife was very annoyed with my carbon emissions in bed this morning!! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8
If you guys knew anything about Science you'd know that most of that pollution is coming from Australia.

Hot air rises you dills :P  ;D

Reply #9
Does Obama mean he wants us to pollute more or do more to help fix the mess America is making??  :P
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #11
Is America doing more than we are doing? I think the red is all the hot air coming out of the US and China around curtailing emissions.

Reply #12
If you guys knew anything about Science you'd know that most of that pollution is coming from Australia.

Hot air rises you dills :P  ;D

I think you're looking at this the wrong way!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
i thought when I first looked at this thread was:

CARLTON EMISSIONS ???

Reply #14
i thought when I first looked at this thread was:

CARLTON EMISSIONS ???

Which would be a more interesting topic, this one is just a lot of hot air....
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!