Skip to main content
Topic: "Camel Train" & "Desert Dwellers" - Who Are Yours ?? (Read 4849 times) previous topic - next topic

"Camel Train" & "Desert Dwellers" - Who Are Yours ??

Every Blues fan has a favourite player or a couple of newbies who they have some genuine excitement about. On the flipside, every Blues fan has their own 'whipping boy' that can never do anything well or right no matter how hard they try.

With the list being turned over dramatically, who do you have on your "Camel Train" (bandwagon) & who is your "Desert Dweller" (whipping boy) now & why ??

"Camel Train"
Mark Whilley 
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow

Watched Whilley play two games for GWS late last year and he just kept ploughing in and fighting hard for the aggot, has the gritty type of qualities I look for in a player.

'Skittles' looks like a readymade player across half-back or wing as he has a decent physique already, best of all, he has a damaging left foot and I'm extremely keen to see him use it.

"Desert-Dwellers"
Levi Casboult

The 'Big Galoot" has the appearance of a modern day leviathan with hands that clunk everything sight. However, his kicking for goal is going to be the death of me, I cringe every time he takes a set shot. He annoys the bejesus out of me and always has since making his debut.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: "Camel Train" & "Desert Dwellers" - Who Are Yours ??

Reply #1
Nice titles Sheiky.

Mine are

Camel Trains

B Boekhorst. Time, space and speed.
Clemmy Smiff. always got a crap eating grin on his face. :D. Reckon that smirk gets him into (and out of) a lot of trouble. ;D

Desert Dwellers.? Well we've got rid of Lucas, Jeffy and Waite so that's a fair bit of frustration out the door in one season. Yes Cas is a bit hit and miss, but I suspect mine will be
Watson. Will he get a look in up forward?
Warnock. Will he grab a mark or two?
Bell. Will he hit a target?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2
Nice titles Sheiky.

Mine are

Camel Trains

B Boekhorst. Time, space and speed.
Clemmy Smiff. always got a crap eating grin on his face. :D. Reckon that smirk get him into and out of a lot of trouble. ;D

Desert Dwellers.? Well we've got rid of Lucas, Jeffy and Waite so that's a fair bit of frustration out the door in one season. Yes Cas is a bit hit and miss, but I suspect mine will be
Watson. Will he get a look in up forward?
Warnock. Will he grab a mark or two?
Bell. Will he hit a target?

I think you have identified the main candidates for the desert - these guys have to scrub up in 2015 else they will be gone for 2016. Possible exception is Levi, who I think MM has the role of fwd line enforcer in mind for him, crashing packs and intimidating the enemy. Kicking goals will be his secondary objective.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
give these guys some space and oxygen please
no wonder our club has been unsuccessful for 20 years with supporters potting their own particularly when they have not even hit the field yet >:(

Reply #4
give these guys some space and oxygen please
no wonder our club has been unsuccessful for 20 years with supporters potting their own particularly when they have not even hit the field yet >:(

Agree, although thus far it appears that the ones in the whipping boy category on the outer are blokes that have been here for a while and are pretty much playing for their careers in 2015.

I wouldnt be surprised for David Ellard to be added to that list, or even Matty Kreuzer if he doesnt have a turnaround of fortune this season and be able to get and stay on the park.  Hell, if he is underperforming he might still cop it simply because he went pick 1.

Pretty much everyone is backing in a recruit thus far, and its good to see.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5

On the Camel Train....I'll go Jaksch, Whiley and Viojo Rainbow as there is plenty to like with all of them....

Desert Dwellars:...Watson, Ellard and Tutt....

Cut Boekhorst some slack as that kid will be under pressure as will Daisy Thomas.....

Reply #6
Camel Train:
Nick Graham - I have real faith that this kid will be a footballer. Just needs to get more of it in the seniors
Liam Jones - Has all the attributes to be a gun third tall forward and fits our structure perfectly. Just needs to be consistent.

Desert Dwellers:
Watson - Too lazy for me.
Curnow - Gives it his all but geez he makes some terrible decisions.

Reply #7
"Camel Train"
Jones, a golden ticket
Smith, student concession

"Desert Dweller"
206, your MYKI has expired!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Over the next season or two even,

Camel train: Buckley, Cripps, Whiley, Jaksch

Dessert dwellers: Warnock, Watson but not Levi just yet. If we get somewhere with our forward structure with Henderson, Jones and Menzel, Levi might be in trouble in a few seasons time. Safe for now though.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #9
Desert Dwellers; Jones... and if selected Tutt.  Its going to take a lot from those two to win me over.  As they say in the Legion... "march or die!".

Clinging to the rear of the caravan (and choking on dust)... Touhy and Walker.  2015 would want to be better than 2014, contract or not.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #10
Camels- Whiley, Cripps, Buckley, Skittles and Clem.

Desert dwellers-Watto, Ellard, 206, Carrots (if he can't get his body right) sorry PITC.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #11
^^

Fully aware of where Carrots stands JK, they can't play forever. I'm just spewing that juiced up turd Lonergan derailed his career and then jumped on twitter and bragged about it. As if I didn't already hate the scum.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12
Camels: Buckley, Menzel and my man Nicky Graham

Dwellers: Daisy and Murphy (the latter just needs to repeat his second half of last year leadership wise to make me happy). I don't think Daisy will ever satisfy my requirements but you never say never.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
Camels. . . . . Whiley, Cripps, Menzel, Buckly, Graham.

Dwellers. . . . Watson, Warnock, and while I like Davey Ellard for the 100% effort he always gives, he will struggle to make it from here.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.