Skip to main content
Topic: Is it really Troll like? (Read 2587 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it really Troll like?

Is it really Troll like behavior if the subject matter is exposing a fake?

Recently a number of high profile "Celebs" have come out and attacked Twitter and Facebook because "trolls" or "petty" individuals have exposed the falseness of the celebrity profiles!

Point in case, Beyonce and Iggy Azalea, both profit from portraying their image as toned and flawless beauty, alabaster or caramel skin stretched over cheeks(faces as smooth as silk and butts that crack walnuts).

But reality it seems is different;

Not so flawless!

Not so tight!

Profiles exposed to be false in forums like Twitter and Facebook, yet the Celebs claim it's the posters who are petty and troll like.

Surely if the Celeb profile wasn't so fake the opportunity to tear down their hollow facade would never exist in the first place?

Are these Celebs becoming victims of their own deceit and complaining about it, have they heard about biting the hand that feeds them? :o

Apologies for wasting your time!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Is it really Troll like?

Reply #1
There is nothing to gain in isolating individuals who don't volunteer the images.

Re: Is it really Troll like?

Reply #2
There is nothing to gain in isolating individuals who don't volunteer the images.

This is where I cannot see the moral line. It is undoubtedly wrong to publish a photo of an individual without their consent, but it seems equally wrong to profit from images that are voluntarily published full of deceit.

I wonder what Facebook's "Trust Engineers" would think of this scenario, I bet they side with the celebrity primarily because in total the celebrity money talks while the pittance from each ripped off individual doesn't!

I would like to see someone like Choice or the ACCC make a comment on this type of behaviour, isn't the retouched profile false advertising?

At what point in history did we start to accept deceit as normal?

Should we just ignore it all and leave the liars on their gravy train?
The Force Awakens!