Skip to main content
Topic: McGrath/Lee Disgrace (Read 24047 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: McGrath/Lee Disgrace

Reply #15
Many of those tourist safaris are with animals that have been brought up to be hunted. The animals carcass won't be wasted, it gets taken by the people organising the hunt and sold off for food/etc.

I must say I feel uneasy about it and I don't get why you'd do it but these wouldn't be wild animals.

I suspect that the Hyenas weren't eaten IOT.  They would have to be an acquired taste  :P

I note that the CITES listing for African Elephants has different regulations for populations in Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe and South Africa so 'hunting' them is probably legal but ethically and morally wrong in my opinion.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
Killing living creatures for pleasure is disgusting.....

Piss poor Glen.

x2 ....His Foundation does good work and I hope that isnt punished by folk not donating who in turn think that is punishing McGrath......think his punishment will
be the personal shame he must be feeling. If he does really regret it I would like to see him/his foundation get involved in saving some endangered animals to square the ledger....

Reply #17
I have no problem with legal game hunting.
I shot a few small birds as a kid with an air rifle myself.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #18
Killing living creatures for pleasure is disgusting.....

Piss poor Glen.

x2 ....His Foundation does good work and I hope that isnt punished by folk not donating who in turn think that is punishing McGrath......think his punishment will
be the personal shame he must be feeling. If he does really regret it I would like to see him/his foundation get involved in saving some endangered animals to square the ledger....

Doesn't regret it. There's an article attached to the link where he says it's a real passion of his and he'll look forward to doing it a hole lot more once he retires.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
@Carrots, what about fishing?

Is that ok if you eat it?
Is that ok if you throw them back?
Is that ok if you keep them, but don't eat them?

Have you ever killed a fly?
Have you ever killed a mouse?
Have you ever killed a bird?
Have you ever killed a cat?

There is SOOOO much grey area with this sort of thing that it is impossible for everyone to agree on right/wrong.

Ive never killed for enjoyment. I've killed flies and mossies, I don't even agree too much with fishing. I think it's disgusting the way they cook live lobster.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
I just don't get how killing something can be 'sport'.

Kill for a feed... understand. Dropping a deer, or whatever, just for the sport of it... forget it.

My father inlaw is a big shooter and even has a mounted buck's head on his lounge room wall in his home... loves talking about how he killed the poor bugger.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
Im not a vegan, I eat meat, and I love eating meat.  I fish, and its fun, but I eat all I catch or distribute to those who would enjoy fresh seafood (not for profit).

Hunting?  Its probably not for me, I have never tried it, but anyone who eats an animal really shouldnt have any real qualms with this, as there are big game hunting reserves for a reason and I have heard they were created in order to ensure the future of these animals.  They make sure that they keep the species alive by raising funds for them in this manner and by controlling their populations as they are all fighting for position in these reserves.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
Im not a vegan, I eat meat, and I love eating meat.  I fish, and its fun, but I eat all I catch or distribute to those who would enjoy fresh seafood (not for profit).

Hunting?  Its probably not for me, I have never tried it, but anyone who eats an animal really shouldnt have any real qualms with this, as there are big game hunting reserves for a reason and I have heard they were created in order to ensure the future of these animals.  They make sure that they keep the species alive by raising funds for them in this manner and by controlling their populations as they are all fighting for position in these reserves.

I eat meat but that Elephant was killed for sport.....not that high powered rifles vs an elephant trapped in a reserve is sport.....

Reply #23

Mcgrath has his own hunting property those shots with brett lee and their kids were taken in Australia. What a thing to teach your kids, it's okay to shoot an animal dead for fun and then pose next to it's carcass smiling. Fking sickos.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
So it's ok to kill to eat, but just don't enjoy or take pride in the killing part, is that how it is supposed to work?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #25
Spot on mate. Killing animals for fun is an awful thing and yet again I question the mentality of those who derive enjoyment from it. That's my opinion.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
So is taking Dugong for food using a tinny and a .303 "traditional hunting"?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
Spot on mate. Killing animals for fun is an awful thing and yet again I question the mentality of those who derive enjoyment from it. That's my opinion.

I'm with you 100% on this one Carrots.
As for the mental state of these people, it's quite common for serial killers to have a history of killing and torturing animals for pleasure in the formative years. John Travers the monster who killed Anita Cobby had a history of sodomizing sheep as he slit their throats. It was the same method he used to kill her. Now I'm not suggesting that McGrath and Lee are heading down that track but to pose with slaughtered animals that have been killed for entertainment will be interpreted by some impressionable minds as acceptable which it clearly is not.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #28
Here we go again...internet group think.
Whats next banning fishing?

Reply #29

Mcgrath has his own hunting property those shots with brett lee and their kids were taken in Australia. What a thing to teach your kids, it's okay to shoot an animal dead for fun and then pose next to it's carcass smiling. Fking sickos.

He has deer on his property?

Mind you, I dont see how this is very different from a pig or a lamb on the spit.  In this case it might be Venison...

I would eat it once at least.  Im that way inclined.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson