Skip to main content
Topic: The Footy Show 2015 (Read 17769 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Footy Show 2015

Reply #15
Could you please tell it again for those like me who missed it, MBB?
He basically said that James Hird can do no wrong in the eyes of the players. he could walk into training with a syringe hanging out of each eye and the players would say "James' new glasses are nice".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16

Did you notice how the panel squirmed but most of the crowd cheered, if you get a chance to watch a replay listen for the odd lonely boo! I pissed myself laughing! :D

Even Newman made some EFC jokes during his Arnold Classic Street Talk! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
The first time I've watched TFS in years, only watched it for Juddy. Reminded me of all the reasons I don't watch it. It's not funny, the 'news' was not particularly groundbreaking. I mean who cares what Lumumba asked the AFL back in 2013? It's obviously not an issue.

Last night was just awkward. If Juddy is going to be on there again, you'd want to hope for his sake that they all lift their game. So happy that there are a lot more decent football shows available on Foxtel.

Reply #18
The first time I've watched TFS in years, only watched it for Juddy. Reminded me of all the reasons I don't watch it. It's not funny, the 'news' was not particularly groundbreaking. I mean who cares what Lumumba asked the AFL back in 2013? It's obviously not an issue.

Last night was just awkward. If Juddy is going to be on there again, you'd want to hope for his sake that they all lift their game. So happy that there are a lot more decent football shows available on Foxtel.
I dont mind it. Its pretty brain dead light hearted fun with very little serious footy content (most of the time). Better than all the farken stupid talent(less), renovation and cooking shows.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19

I dont mind it. Its pretty brain dead light hearted fun with very little serious footy content (most of the time). Better than all the farken stupid talent(less), renovation and cooking shows.

Yeah, I watch it for Barrett and whatever Carlton news is on.

Reply #20

That's true, can throw gogglebox into that too.  I just find that the humour is repetitive. I like the guys on 360 better, it's still got it's funny moments, but a lot more relevant football content.

That being said, if Juddy is on TFS more this season, I'll tune in.

Reply #21
Don't know why but all the footy shows irritate me these days. Might watch it once to see Juddy but Hughes really gives me the irrits.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
He basically said that James Hird can do no wrong in the eyes of the players. he could walk into training with a syringe hanging out of each eye and the players would say "James' new glasses are nice".

I'm pretty sure he said supporters not players, he led into it with Carlton fans not getting behind the club and pointed out how Essendon fans do.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #23

The problem with TFS this time of year is there is no footy to talk about. Judd will be a much better inclusion if they have some football to talk about, they already have enough clowns they don't need another!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
TFS epitomises what's wrong with 9's cricket commentary; too blokey and too many ex-footballers trying to be funny.

TFS lost its way when Trevor Marmalade left and I rarely watch it now.  I certainly couldn't watch it from go to woe.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
It was in trouble before Trevor left. I'm always surprised when I hear it's still on  :))

Reply #26
I just liked the fact Carlton are relevant again. ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #27
It was in trouble before Trevor left. I'm always surprised when I hear it's still on  :))

Perhaps I was too generous IOT.

How hard would it be to put together a serious analysis of current footy issue, a preview of the next round, an interview with a guest or two, a comedy sketch and perhaps some live music?

You would have to replace the bozos currently on the show with a decent anchor person and a couple of articulate footy experts.

While still amateurish, the Marngrook show is heaps more informative and entertaining.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28

I reckon the show is an absolute pissa! If you're watching it for footy content don't you're not going to get it. I watch it for pure humour and it's pretty damn funny IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29

You saved me from writing the same exact post. Agree with everything.